Mal País

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Coconut Grove

Dominical Apr 8, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? It seems quite nice, and a good option (ie. meaning it's well reviewwed, around the $100 range and close to the beach).

We're trying to decide between Coconut Grove and Villas Rio Mar, which seems like another great option.

Thanks!

more
    • How to get there?

Corcovado National Park Mar 26, 2014 at 6:40 AM

Hey,
      how do you get from Heredia to Corcovado? Is there a some kind of trip possible? Since im travelling alone i would not mind a booked tour for 4 days or something.
      Thank you very much. I would not want to miss Corcovado but its very hard to get there.

more
    • is a car necessary?

Dominical Apr 6, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Hello, VTers! We have decided that we're doing 4 nights and 5 days in the Dominical / Quepos / Manuel Antonio area.

We're trying to do it without a car, but I'm not sure if it would make things very inconvenient for us, and it's just not worth it do that area without a car.

We arrive in Quepos via shuttle on the morning of Day 1, and we plan to go straight to Dominical. Would you recommend taking a public bus, or taxi down to Dominical from Quepos, if we don't have a car?

Then we were planning on spending the day in Dominical and Uvita on Days 1 and 2. For Days 3 and 4, we were planning on moving up to Quepos and MA, and then we fly out to San Jose on Day 5.

Would you recommend staying in Quepos / MA for the entire 4 nights, and doing day trips down to Dominical and Uvita? Or is a good idea to spend 2 nights in Dominical, and then 2 nights in Quepos? Do you recommend a car to do this? Or do you think that public transport is adequate? The bus from Quepos to Dominical seems to take 2 hours.

Even in Dominical, it seems it's advisable that we have a car. We were hoping to find accommodations (around $100 per night) in Dominical, but I can't seem to find a good place right in town. The good places seem to be either over $150, or pretty shabby. The places that are reasonable and well rated seem to require a car, as they're just outside of Dominical (ex. Villas Rios Mar).

What are your thoughts in trying to do this area without a car?

Many thanks in advance!

more
    • dustmon's Profile Photo

ATV rentals in Mal Pais

by dustmon Online Now Sep 28, 2011 at 6:55 AM

Getting closer to our trip and a question about renting ATVs---We want to rent 2 ATVs and ride up the coast checking out Playa Hermosa and above---is this possible to rent in Mal Pais/Santa Teresa? Approx how much? Do they usually take credit cards? Also, do they have locks provided for when we might want to park somewhere and walk around? Thx in advance-----

dusty

• dustmon's Profile Photo

Local advice on walking at night

by dustmon Online Now Jul 21, 2011 at 4:40 AM

We will be going to Mal Pais/Santa Teresa area this December and staying at VRBO 31091, a little south of La Cruce/The Crossroad and right on the beach. We are wondering about walking to restaurants for dinner and walking back in the dark---is this safe in this area? Looks like there will be a couple of places to eat nearby, but I definitely want to try Mary's, which looks like south of us down near the fishing boat area...I have never been but have done some research online----Basically is walking the road or the beach at night safe?

4 Answers Jul 28, 2011 at 8:02 AM
    • Surf Shops Tambor, Mal Pais, Santa Teresa

by steelhead Online Now Oct 20, 2010 at 9:26 AM

I am going to visiting the above area and am wondering if anyone knows of a good shop or shops that has good rentals? I will be looking to rent a quality bodyboard. Links would help a lot. Any help is appreciated.

• Travel Info

by Kypejaw Online Now Dec 9, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Looking for info on travel to mal pais area with a one year old. Is the ferry the best way to get there by car? In the dry season do you really need a 4x4? Affordable places to stay? Panga rentals? flying in from LA can you make it in one day travel.

1 Answer Feb 22, 2010 at 12:48 PM
    • razzz's Profile Photo

Getting to Mal Pais

by razzz Online Now Dec 20, 2004 at 4:18 PM

What is the best/cheapest way to get to Mal Pais from Tambor? Thanks :)

1 Answer Dec 20, 2004 at 7:51 PM
    • danger in mal pais, costa rica?

by joga23 Online Now Aug 21, 2003 at 3:28 PM

hello, i am interested in visiting mal pais and have recently heard contrasting rumors from 2 different friends - one says that it is a drug infested place where american women have been killed while the other insists nothing like that is happening and it one of the most beautiful places in the world. I am generally not a frightened traveler and have been many places around the world alone. Does anyone have an opinion on this either way? I would really appreciate your input. Thanks, Amy

3 Answers Aug 30, 2003 at 11:51 PM