Travel Answers
Mal País

change location
  • dustmon's Profile Photo

ATV rentals in Mal Pais

by dustmon Online Now Sep 28, 2011 at 6:55 AM

Getting closer to our trip and a question about renting ATVs---We want to rent 2 ATVs and ride up the coast checking out Playa Hermosa and above---is this possible to rent in Mal Pais/Santa Teresa? Approx how much? Do they usually take credit cards? Also, do they have locks provided for when we might want to park somewhere and walk around? Thx in advance-----

• dustmon's Profile Photo

Local advice on walking at night

by dustmon Online Now Jul 21, 2011 at 4:40 AM

We will be going to Mal Pais/Santa Teresa area this December and staying at VRBO 31091, a little south of La Cruce/The Crossroad and right on the beach. We are wondering about walking to restaurants for dinner and walking back in the dark---is this safe in this area? Looks like there will be a couple of places to eat nearby, but I definitely want to try Mary's, which looks like south of us down near the fishing boat area...I have never been but have done some research online----Basically is walking the road or the beach at night safe?

4 Answers Jul 28, 2011 at 8:02 AM
  • Surf Shops Tambor, Mal Pais, Santa Teresa

by steelhead Online Now Oct 20, 2010 at 9:26 AM

I am going to visiting the above area and am wondering if anyone knows of a good shop or shops that has good rentals? I will be looking to rent a quality bodyboard. Links would help a lot. Any help is appreciated.

• Travel Info

by Kypejaw Online Now Dec 9, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Looking for info on travel to mal pais area with a one year old. Is the ferry the best way to get there by car? In the dry season do you really need a 4x4? Affordable places to stay? Panga rentals? flying in from LA can you make it in one day travel.

1 Answer Feb 22, 2010 at 12:48 PM
  • razzz's Profile Photo

Getting to Mal Pais

by razzz Online Now Dec 20, 2004 at 4:18 PM

What is the best/cheapest way to get to Mal Pais from Tambor? Thanks :)

1 Answer Dec 20, 2004 at 7:51 PM
  • danger in mal pais, costa rica?

by joga23 Online Now Aug 21, 2003 at 3:28 PM

hello, i am interested in visiting mal pais and have recently heard contrasting rumors from 2 different friends - one says that it is a drug infested place where american women have been killed while the other insists nothing like that is happening and it one of the most beautiful places in the world. I am generally not a frightened traveler and have been many places around the world alone. Does anyone have an opinion on this either way? I would really appreciate your input. Thanks, Amy

3 Answers Aug 30, 2003 at 11:51 PM