Mal País Travel Answers

change location
dustmon's Profile Photo

Local advice on walking at night

by dustmon Online Now Jul 21, 2011 at 4:40 AM

We will be going to Mal Pais/Santa Teresa area this December and staying at VRBO 31091, a little south of La Cruce/The Crossroad and right on the beach. We are wondering about walking to restaurants for dinner and walking back in the dark---is this safe in this area? Looks like there will be a couple of places to eat nearby, but I definitely want to try Mary's, which looks like south of us down near the fishing boat area...I have never been but have done some research online----Basically is walking the road or the beach at night safe?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Traveller28's Profile Photo

Re: Local advice on walking at night

by Traveller28 Online Now Jul 21, 2011 at 7:29 AM

Last time when I was in Santa Teresa, we went out walking to have something to eat, however for us it was a little intimidating, two women alone, we didn´t feel really save so we came back to our hotel.
    It seems you´re going to be close to the town, so it maybe easier for you. I think if you are a family you can easily walk around.
    Hope this helps!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • dustmon's Profile Photo

by dustmon Online Now Jul 21, 2011 at 7:38 AM

Just me and my girlfriend.......

• Traveller28's Profile Photo

by Traveller28 Online Now Jul 21, 2011 at 8:21 AM

The place is safe, people walks around at night, maybe for both of you would be fine. We felt intimidating by two guys staring at us, another problem are the lights in the streets which are separated between each other, so some areas can be a little dark.
    We talked to the hotel manager and he said the town was safe and fine, but maybe not for two women alone. I haven´t heard about robbery or petty theft in the area.

• Re: Local advice on walking at night

by geo1173 Online Now Jul 28, 2011 at 8:02 AM

I am a local guy, I can tell that the place is safe.. there is a lot of people out there at nite, but always remember to secure your belongings in a safe place, don’t carry valuable items with you. you never know.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines