Makati Travel Answers

change location

Makati tailor made clothes and shoes

by cazza59 Online Now Jan 9, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Hi there, I will be staying in Shangri-La early March and I would like to have clothes and shoes custom made whilst there. I have searched and asked but no one seems to know if they do this in Makati and more importantly, if they do how long do they take to complete. Thanks and Regards C

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • StefanosS's Profile Photo

Re: Makati tailor made clothes and shoes

by StefanosS Online Now Jan 11, 2012 at 5:34 AM

I don't think that you can find a source for custom-made shoes in Makati, and if you do, it shall be overpriced. The Home of shoes is Marikina, but since it is quite difficult to access, if you are a first-timer here, I have a better suggestion. Take a ride to Araneta, Cubao, (this is easy by MRT or bus). At the back of Ali Mall (to the east of Ali Mall), there is a small shoe-market with sales outlets of some Marikina manifacturers. You can enjoy the place and stroll around the area, as well as you can find some good prices there. There are also some more places with shoes there, at Araneta, Cubao.

About tailoring, I thing you can find anywhere in Manila - sorry, I do not have any specific proposal, maybe somebody else can guide you.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Shangrila Hotel

by bdetteg Online Now Apr 10, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I'm going to the Philippines with 4 of my friends..we are staying in Makati City. It's my friend's first time in the Phils. Thinking of the best hotel to stay..Our first choice is Shangrila but it's tooooo expensive...what do you guys think of Manila Pen, Ascott? which one has the best location???? Anyone knows the cheapest way to book Shangrila hotel in Makati? It's our #1 choice....the date is May 2012. please advise....ty

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Makati