Makati Travel Answers

change location
mircaskirca's Profile Photo

Where to stay, Robello House or Hotel Durban?

by mircaskirca Online Now Sep 22, 2011 at 1:33 PM

I'm still considering whether to stay in Robello House or Hotel Durban. Anybody stayed in one or another, or know about them? I'm looking for a quiet, clean and friendly place. It will only be for the night so closeness to the airports, international and national, is also important. And, how much can I expect to pay for a late night taxi ride from the airport to the hotel?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

mira

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • asianbelle's Profile Photo

Re: Where to stay, Robello House or Hotel Durban?

by asianbelle Online Now Sep 26, 2011 at 2:27 AM

Hi Mira. As I know, the 2 hotels you mentioned are far from the airports. Although within Makati, they're in the "edge" of the commercial district and closer to (almost within) the residential area.

Have you checked Manila Airport Hotel (http://manila-airporthotel.com/) or Microtel Mall of Asia? The airport hotel is within the NAIA 1 complex (but you may need a short cab ride), while Microtel is about 15-20min cab ride.

By late night, I would suggest taking the coupon taxi. They have structured rates based on zones. The closest (like airport hotel) is about P200, Makati is about P400 (not sure with Mall of Asia, but close to this price, I guess).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Makati