Makassar Travel Answers

change location
Heryanto's Profile Photo

Bus from Hasanuddin airport to Makassar city

by Heryanto Online Now Jun 16, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Hi all,

I want to know, is there any public bus from Hasanuddin International Airport to Makassar city ? If any, what time is the last trip ? Thank for your information.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • cgf's Profile Photo

Re: Bus from Hasanuddin airport to Makassar city

by cgf Online Now Jun 16, 2009 at 5:19 AM

Once I was there a lot of people, not taxi-drivers only, wanted me buying a tour, a transfer... I just walked out of airport to the main road, then I stopped one the many mini-van (buses) and asked it they were going close to bus station (I meant to take the night bus to Torajaland). They say yes, once at downown (I believe it was) they did not picked up anybody else and have taken my wife and I to bus station. I do not remember how much I paid, almost double then a trip in Manado but still very cheap.

if you were going to Toraja by bus...
    there is a bus stop on main road where the airport is, we did not find it, anytime we asked where it was, there was someone selling a toraja tour.
    On way back we told the driver for airport stop and they took just in front of.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Bus from Hasanuddin airport to Makassar city

by itatitl Online Now Apr 29, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Last July when I visited, there was an airport shuttle bus between the airport and the city (near Losari). I do not remember the timings, but it was frequent and the fare was Rp 15000.

• IkhwanIwan's Profile Photo

Re: Bus from Hasanuddin airport to Makassar city

by IkhwanIwan Online Now Aug 8, 2014 at 7:47 AM

For anyone who planning a trip to Toraja / Makassar. From the airport you can take an airport shuffle bus to the city (IDR 25000 or $2.5). The timing of this bus is random. If it is not there, you can wait. You can ask the driver to drop you where you can take a mini bus to Toraja. There are regular bus (executive bus) to Toraja every 7PM everyday, it costs about IDR 180.000 - 220000.

I suggest to use the executive bus, it is much comfortable.

I am living at Makassar, if you need further help just contact me.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines