Makassar Travel Answers

change location
cgf's Profile Photo

Left luggage at Makassar airport

by cgf Online Now Jun 30, 2007 at 2:32 AM

could it be possible to leave there a luggage for a week?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • pPamela's Profile Photo

Re: Left luggage at Makassar airport

by pPamela Online Now Jun 30, 2007 at 3:56 AM

Hi,

Not sure about that. But why don't you get in contact with a great guy called Dodo who works for a govt dept but also does some guiding and will help you. I had been in contact with him for 2 yrs and finally met him in November last year and stayed at his place- he has a couple of rooms for travellers.
    His name is Dodo the penman of Sulawesi and his email address is donow77@yahoo.com
    Here is the link to a little website one of his satisfied travellers made for him.
    homepage.mac.com/soniaf/mak/...
    A search on Lonely Planet Thorn tree reveals all the info' written about Dodo.
    Please skip the first one.
    search.lonelyplanet.com/ttse...

Pamela.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cgf's Profile Photo

by cgf Online Now Jun 30, 2007 at 4:03 AM

Dodo..
    Thanks, I heard about him, he has a lot of pens... a great gift could be to take to him a value pen. I know he has 2 rooms with air con... and he would be glad to have people there, not for money, more for friendness.
    :-( I have not to go to Makassar, I just look for a left luggage as I want to go to Torajaland from airport.
    Anyway I probably contact him to know if he knows about my reequest, this is te first topic about Makassar (I just wonder why)

• pPamela's Profile Photo

by pPamela Online Now Jun 30, 2007 at 4:47 PM

Not sure why no one asks questions about Makassar- travellers seem to tend towards Lonely Planet Thorn Tree.
    Good to know that you know about Dodo- the treasure of South Sulawesi.
    Pamela.

• BesarRahasia's Profile Photo

by BesarRahasia Online Now Jul 4, 2007 at 4:33 PM

Hi, Have just noticed your posting. It isn't possible to leave your luggage at the airport they don't have that facility. If you get totally stuck I have offices in Makassar, and providing we can check your luggage, then you are welcome to keep it there, we can arrange to meet you at the airport, if you are leaving from there on the next step of your journey. You must also check your luggage when you collect it.

Hope you have a great time in Indonesia whatever you do.

• cgf's Profile Photo

by cgf Online Now Jul 5, 2007 at 2:01 AM

Thanks, you're very kind.
    I've already managed with the hotel where I will stay the night before and the night after of my return filght to/from Makassar.
    I believe this is the best way so my wife and I will have cabin luggage only (we are going to Makassar for three days and we don't need so much).

• cgf's Profile Photo

by cgf Online Now Jul 5, 2007 at 2:02 AM

... so much luggage

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines