OK I'm getting old so I need something that isn't going to scream special occasion, just something really laid back where I can have some nice food and drink and drown my sorrows. I have been looking at Dukes Canoe Club or Jimmy Buffets. What else should I be considering? We're staying in that part of town at the Royal Garden Waikiki.
Thanks in advance!
My family and I are going to stay in a hotel at Waikiki Beach. We have 7 days for tour, and we don't really have an itinerary. We will be 5 adults and 4 kids (8,7,4,1 y/o). This is our plan. Any suggestions?
Friday 27 December
- Honolulu Zoo (daily 9 - 4:30)
- Paki playground
- Luau at Hilton
Saturday 28 December
- Bishop Museum (wed-mon 9am-5pm)
- Pearl Harbor
- Aloha Flea Market
Sunday 29 December
- Children's Discovery Center (tue- fri 9am - 1pm, sat-sun 10am- 3pm)
- Walk around historic Honolulu: 'Iolani Palace, Hawaii State Capitol, the Kamehameha I Statue, Kawaiaha'o Church, the Mission Houses Museum and the Old Federal Building.
Monday 30 December
- Waikiki Aquarium (daily 9 - 4:30)
- Kapiolani Park
- Diamond head crater
Tuesday 31 December (It's a toss-up)
(Polynesian Cultural Center)
(Sea Life Park)
(Dole Pineapple Plantation)
(Plantation Village & Museum)
(Wet 'n Wild)
Wednesday 1 January
- Doris Duke's Shangri-la / - Golf
Thursday 2 January
Is there somewhere (accessible from Honolulu airport, without hiring a car) that has cabin/bungalow style self contained accomodation near a beach? Thinking of a family vacation, sight seeing, perhaps visit a museum etc with kids, and relaxing on the beach, but don't fancy staying in a big hotel with a view of other big hotels. Any suggestions?
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2013 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|