Majorca Island Travel Answers

change location

Best place for Couples in Majorca

by kmanders Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Hello,

Me and my boyfriend are 19 and 23 and wanting to go away to Majorca in August for our 4 year anniversary for 7-10 days. I've been to Alcudia about 5 times and Love it but want to try somewhere different!

We want somewhere with nice restaurants and bars as we love eating out and sangria! Needs to be a nice beach and within a distance of days out and things to do.. any suggestions would be really helpful.

Oh and NO MAGALUF!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • johnincornwall's Profile Photo

Re: Best place for Couples in Majorca

by johnincornwall Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 3:06 AM

Sounds like you might like Puerto Soller. Quaintly small but with a horse shoe bay, beach and various restaurants along the front and up side streets. The old part is by far the best half but you may prefer the newer/hotel part. We stayed in an apartment on the far top above the old part. The old town of Soller inland is just a short tram ride away, and from there the wooden train runs to Palma. Lots to do but I'm not sure if you can hire a car at your age.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • annemariebyrne's Profile Photo

Re: Best place for Couples in Majorca

by annemariebyrne Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 6:43 AM

As John says, Puerto Soller would be good, but so would Puerto Pollensa. it's not far from Alcudia so you may have visited it before. It might be a bit quiet for your age group although there are plenty of restaurants and bars. It's certainly no Magaluf but it would be quite busy and lively in August! There is a good beach and a lovely Pine-Walk promenade at one end, and there are plenty of water-based activities and boat rides, including the trip over to the beach at Formentor.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines