Mainz

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• L82 in Mayen

Mayen 16 hours ago

is it possible to walk from Mayen Ost bnf to the street Stehbach by taking route 82?

more
    • tour guides

Koblenz Apr 13, 2014 at 12:20 PM

is there any English speaking tour guides for the region along the Mosel river area. I am interested in see castles no problem with walking, there are 5 of us all photographers, we want to see awesome land scapes as well, what ever it takes to get there we are game debra

more
    • What to do for a day in Koblenz, Germany

Koblenz Apr 13, 2014 at 8:41 PM

We are arriving late night in mid-May in Koblenz and staying for two nights. So we will have a whole day in Koblenz and next day we will take a Rhine river boat to MainZ. Question: for the one day we are in Koblenz, are there tours available to near by castles and view points that we can take? Or what do you recommend we do in Koblenz for one day?

more
    • opportunity to test drive cars in Germany eg BMW MB Porsche Volkswagon

Germersheim Mar 30, 2014 at 5:41 AM

Would appreciate information regarding tours of car factories but especially availability to test drive fast cars. Thank you

more
    • Balawhat's Profile Photo

Strasbourg - Bingen - Rhine cruise

Land Rheinland-Pfalz Mar 24, 2014 at 8:18 AM

My wife and I would like to travel from Strasbourg to Bingen by train on May 30 to make a Rhine day cruise on May 31 from Bingen to Braubach or possibly Koblenz. We need to be in Dusseldorf on June 1,

Our questions are:

1. What's the best train/bus to take from Strasbourg if you know it to get to Bingen?
      (Should we buy the train and then cruise tickets beforehand?)

2. What hotels would you recommend to stay in Bingen (2-3 stars are OK)?

3. What boat should we take (we'll travel with 2 suitcases, will we be able to safely store them somewhere on the boat during the cruise or we'll have to return to Bingen to pick them from the hotel)?

4. Where (what town/city) would you advise us to spend the evening/night of May 31st?

Thank you for your time.

more
    • Topographic map retailers

by Garry2 Online Now Jan 23, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Where in Mainz can you buy topographic maps?

• guest house in historic center

by RWN Online Now Dec 20, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Are there any historic guests houses in center of Mainz

1 Answer Dec 21, 2013 at 4:55 AM
    • Sporting goods, used

by Lynne102763 Online Now Nov 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM

I'm looking to buy gently used ski clothes, gloves, goggles etc. are their any stores that specialize in this?

• Used Clothing Stores and Formal Gown Stores in Mainz?

by jkessler Online Now Oct 6, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Are there good discount or used clothing stores in Mainz? Also where would be a good place or places to find formal dresses in Mainz? Thanks!

2 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 11:22 PM
    • Supermarkets on sundays

by suneshbravo Online Now Jul 25, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Please tell me which supermarkets are opened on sundays.
      Thank you.

3 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 9:47 PM
    • leightonclifton's Profile Photo

Mainz to Oberwesel (august)

by leightonclifton Online Now Jun 14, 2013 at 12:58 AM

I plan to get the ferry to Oberwesel

Does anyonehave any ideas how often ferry's leave costs etc.

I have had a look at the KD website and it says there are only two ferries at 8.45am & 9.45am is this correct or are there more ferries

Any help is much appreciated

Cheers

9 Answers Jun 15, 2013 at 5:05 PM
    • leightonclifton's Profile Photo

Frankfurt airport to mainz

by leightonclifton Online Now Jun 9, 2013 at 4:23 AM

do i need to prebook a train from Frankfurt airport to mainz to save money i've been on the DB Bahn site and there are a number of trains which are not available for purchase on line but it states they are 15euros flat rate.

is this rate available if i just buy on the day

thanks for any help!!

22 Answers Aug 31, 2013 at 1:06 AM
    • JudeA9's Profile Photo

Frankfurt to Mainz

by JudeA9 Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 5:48 AM

Hi, I'll arrive in Mainz to study there on a study abroad program. I will be arriving in Frankfurt Intl Airport. I've been looking at the buses and trams and different types of transportation, but I cant quite figure it out. What is the easiest and cheapest way for me to get from the airport to FH Mainz?
      Help is appreciated
      Jude

2 Answers Feb 6, 2013 at 7:23 AM
    • Redang's Profile Photo

Mainz-Wiesbaden-Frankfurt or Wiesbaden-Mainz-Frankfurt?

by Redang Online Now Nov 8, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Hi there:

In a few weeks, I'll travel from Karlsruhe (after the meeting there) to Mmainz and Wiesbaden, and the question, is, which order would you recommend me? Mainz-Wiesbaden or Wiesbaden-Mainz?

Something absolutely essential to consider is that I must be at Frankfurt Airport no later tha 5 pm that day.

Thanks!

PS: Should I visit just one city, and, which one? (in case you consider it's too much in just one day)

7 Answers Nov 9, 2012 at 8:59 AM
    • kierk1's Profile Photo

Frankfurt airport to mainz athletics baseball club

by kierk1 Online Now May 1, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Hi
      My son is coming for tryouts being held at the athletic club. Anyone know the easiest way from the airport Frankfurt (FRA) to the club? Thanks!

5 Answers May 1, 2012 at 2:15 PM
    • Germany DB Train Fine of 40 Euros

by starryeyes828 Online Now Jul 23, 2011 at 6:03 AM

Hi everyone,

I was recently fined 40 euros for not having my ticket. I actually had my German university
      ID (which counts as a train pass), but I had lost it that day. Seriously, I would not lie about this. However, the guard didn't speak English and shouted at me, "In Germany, WE SPEAK DEUTSCH".
      I still tried to explain my situation in vain.

I gave him my name, date of birth, and temporary address in Germany. My question is,
      will this follow me back to the states? I don't see how they can do anything about this
      since they don't have my credit card info or anything. My address is Germany was
      unofficial, so it's not connected to my name. Also, I'm leaving in a couple days so
      even if they mailed something to my German address, I would never receive it.

I'm a poor college student and I did nothing wrong. I really don't want to pay this
      stupid bill. What should I do?

Thanks for your help :)

10 Answers Aug 8, 2011 at 3:01 PM
    • Travelling from Frankfurt Airport

by hobbsiefamily Online Now Jun 28, 2011 at 6:35 AM

I am coming to a competition to be held at the Sportzentrum Mainz-Laubenheim.

Please could you tell me the best way to travel there from Frankfurt airport, either by train or by taxi and rough travelling times and costs.

I am also staying in Mainz at the Novotel. Is it easy to get from the Sportzentrum to Mainz centre, ie is it walking distance, or would I need to get a taxi?

Thanks very much appreciated. Trying to be organised before I get there!

8 Answers Jun 29, 2011 at 6:39 AM
    • Looking for Jesters

by ramblingrose Online Now Dec 2, 2010 at 5:56 PM

I am thinking about vacationing in Germany next November and I was wondering if the 11-11 celebration in Mainz is public? If so what could I expect?

3 Answers Dec 4, 2010 at 10:58 PM
    • paris to mainz

by PHANTOMROSE101 Online Now Nov 26, 2010 at 5:45 AM

Hello, How can I get from Paris to Mainz. I wish to travel by train. Many thanks, Rose.

3 Answers Nov 26, 2010 at 9:11 AM
    • airport train

by golions Online Now Jul 26, 2010 at 7:21 PM

We are arriving into Frankfurt airport in Dec. and then wish to travel to Milano italy the next day, a train travel person in Australia told us that to catch a train from the airport we would have to go via Mainz and change trains there is this correct, or should we go from the main city station, Thank you

7 Answers Jul 27, 2010 at 9:14 AM
    • I just found out that I am moving to Mainz for a year! Please help!

by Bcheesbro Online Now Jun 29, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Hi,

My wife and I are moving from the United States to Mainz this August. I will be teaching at the University of Mainz for one year. My wife hopes to find work upon her arrival. Unfortunately, neither of us speak German - though we are trying pick up enough to carry on conversations. I have a few questions and would greatly appreciate any insight you can provide.

1. We have not yet found a place to live. I have been looking at furnished apartments online, but haven't found anything. Is it advisable to secure an apartment in advance without actually seeing it? Or is the furnished apartment market extensive enough that I should be able to find a place in the first two weeks that I am there?

2. Also, what is a reasonable commute to the University? Meaning, if we don't have a car, is it onerous to commute from one of the out lying suburbs or even Wiesbaden?
      3. My wife and I hope to travel as much as we can while we are in Europe. We would like to see several places in Germany as well as Paris, Prague, Amsterdam, etc. What do you recommend as far as buying a Eurail pass or the Bahn discount cards? Is it something I should buy before I arrive?

4. I am flying into Frankfurt. I will probably have three or four large bags with me. Should I try to take the train to Mainz or rent a car? I will be arriving early on a Tuesday morning after a fourteen hour flight.

5. In case I wait to find a place until I get there, do you have any recommendations on a place to stay for the first two weeks while I try to find accommodations?

6. Last one: Do you have any thoughts on my wife finding a job? She is a certified public accountant here in the states. She understands that it may be difficult to find work in her profession, so she is prepared to take (almost) any sort of job. She does not speak German.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide assistance with these questions!

18 Answers Jul 2, 2010 at 10:21 AM
    • Beach in Mainz

by jenniferhamrick Online Now Jun 28, 2010 at 12:27 AM

We're new to Mainz and would like to find a beach to take the kids to. I read in one post that there are artificial beaches along the Rhine. Can anyone give me specific directions? (Are there multiple beaches or is there only one?) We're in Wiesbaden.

4 Answers Jun 28, 2010 at 8:50 AM
    • do I have the time?

by lesmith Online Now May 29, 2010 at 1:57 AM

I will have a layover in Frankfurt (6/5 saturday) I'm arriving at 11:30am and departing 5:20pm. Do I have time to go to Mainz to take the KD boat tour? What is the exact way to get to the boat dock from the airport? I will be traveling with my 8yr old son. We plan to leave our luggage at the airport. Any suggestions or input would be appreciated.

4 Answers May 29, 2010 at 9:46 AM
    • JohannaKaarina's Profile Photo

Taxi from Hahn to Mainz

by JohannaKaarina Online Now Mar 15, 2010 at 10:07 AM

Hi!
      I would appreciate a rough estimate (100€? something else?) for a taxi fare from Frankfurt Hahn airport to Mainz?
      Many thanks in advance!

4 Answers Mar 19, 2010 at 4:58 AM
    • holiday apartment

by valiant128 Online Now Nov 12, 2009 at 11:16 AM

I am coming to Mainz this Christmas with my husband and 2 adult daughters to visit my son and his wife who just moved to Mainz. We are having troubles finding and apartment self-catering unit to rent over the holidays. Any suggestions? Thanks!!!

4 Answers Nov 14, 2009 at 12:06 AM
    • lapsycrafter's Profile Photo

Canadians traveling to Mainz

by lapsycrafter Online Now Feb 14, 2009 at 8:18 AM

My husband and I (both in our 60's) are planning a 6 day trip to Germany.We will be arriving in Frankfurt Aug.27 6:30am. We've been told the best place to start our visit to the Rhine is Mainz north. Also mentioned is Rudesheim. We wanted to stay at gasthaus-stahl.de,looks nice on the internet.
      My question: Are these towns close,of course the thought of no speed limits interest my husband.(me not so much) Is it a good idea to rent a car or travel by bus and train. We are interested in wineries. My husband is not much of a walker
      Also want to take a river cruise
      Any help with setting up an itinerary would be of great help.

6 Answers Feb 14, 2009 at 12:01 PM
    • Time to kill in Mainz

by windrush Online Now Jan 14, 2009 at 9:49 AM

I will be in Mainz for a birthday in early April and want to go to a couple of nice authentic German food places for lunch on the Sunday and Monday before flying back to England from Hahn.
      I have a car and am looking for somewhere up to 45 minutes outside Mainz city preferably an old inn or something like that.
      Any foodies out there with appetising ideas?

1 Answer Jan 14, 2009 at 2:23 PM
    • Mainz Trains

by khughes12 Online Now Oct 29, 2008 at 11:39 AM

What is the 3 letter code for booking trains to Mainz?

7 Answers Oct 30, 2008 at 2:29 AM
    • Baby shops in Mainz

by Wandawits Online Now Oct 20, 2008 at 2:33 AM

To all moms in Mainz, maybe you can give me tips or suggestions where to buy things for newborn. I've been trying to find for Avent (BPA free) feeding bottles but to no avail. Is there any store or shop in Mainz or Frankfurt that sells this brand? The last time i went there, i saw an Apotheke, (but didn't get exactly the name) selling Avent but wasn't able to check what line of products are available. Thanks in advance!

2 Answers Oct 27, 2008 at 6:20 AM
    • Travel by train from Mainz to Automechanika Frankfurt

by Zoid Online Now Sep 2, 2008 at 1:04 AM

Hello!

I am visiting Automechanika from 16 - 19 Sept. Managed to get a few rooms at Mainzerhof Hotel Mainz.

Appreciate very much if anyone can advise most convenient way to commute between the hotel and Automechanika exhibition halls. One of my traveling business partner is age 75, any special rates from DB?

Thanks!

2 Answers Sep 2, 2008 at 6:19 AM
    • How do I get from Mainz to theFrankfurt airport

by Gwenerwood Online Now Aug 14, 2008 at 7:38 PM

I can't find a hotel in Frankfurt for Sept 19 and have a flight from Frankfurt airport in the morning of Sept 20. Would anyone know of an economical and interesting place to stay in Mainz and a way to get to the airport in the early morning?
      Also, if I arrive in the afternoon, whiat sightseeing is available?

7 Answers Aug 23, 2008 at 5:58 AM
    • Is Gunnewig Hotel Bristol a good place to stay for a family?

by Wandawits Online Now Jul 23, 2008 at 1:10 AM

Does anyone know where is Gunnewig Hotel Bristol located? Any feedback?
      Is there a park or a place near the hotel where kids can play around during the day?

3 Answers Oct 9, 2008 at 11:48 AM
    • American with questions, If you please?

by stifflersclan Online Now Jul 11, 2008 at 3:15 PM

Unfortunately landing in Hahn at 2350. Want to take bus to Mainz. Where is the bus stop in relationship to the Train station and how do I get there?

2 Answers Jul 15, 2008 at 4:40 PM
    • How far is the train station from the Boat dock in Mainz?

by robrock Online Now Jun 22, 2008 at 11:46 AM

I am travelling to Mainz and want to take the K-D boat cruise north from Mainz. How far is the Mainz Haputbanhoff from the boat dock?

2 Answers Jun 22, 2008 at 12:10 PM
    • Rhine River Boat Tours

by sor62 Online Now Jun 21, 2008 at 10:57 AM

I will be purchasing a German Rail Pass and I can use it for travelling on the KD rhine river boats. Do I need to make reservations or will I just have to take
      a chance that the boat will be full. How busy are the boats during July? According to Rick Steves there's no need to make reservations as the boats are never full.

2 Answers Jun 22, 2008 at 8:41 AM