Mainz Travel Answers

change location
JudeA9's Profile Photo

Frankfurt to Mainz

by JudeA9 Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 5:48 AM

Hi, I'll arrive in Mainz to study there on a study abroad program. I will be arriving in Frankfurt Intl Airport. I've been looking at the buses and trams and different types of transportation, but I cant quite figure it out. What is the easiest and cheapest way for me to get from the airport to FH Mainz?
Help is appreciated
Jude

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Frankfurt to Mainz

by K_V_B Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 6:11 AM

Local transport in Germany is integrated, so the mode of transportation you choose doesn't influence the price. The only thing that would make it more expensive is if you were to use a IC or ICE trains between Frankfurt and Mainz, which isn't really needed here.

Easiest is to just use the local trip planner:
    http://www.rmv.de/en/
    Put "Frankfurt Flughafen" in the "from" field, and the street address, or the name of your school in the "to" field.
    The fare is based on zones, and will be always the same, regardless of which modes of transportation you use. The price in this case is 4.25 euro. You just buy it there from a ticket vending machine.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • abalada's Profile Photo

Re: Frankfurt to Mainz

by abalada Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Best is to put "Frankfurt (Main) Flughafen Regionalbahnhof" in the from field. From the Regionalbahnhof (regional train station) you can take any train (regional train or S-Bahn to Mainz). This train station is in the basement of Terminal 1.
    Single ticket is EUR 4,25. This ticket allows you to proceed in Mainz by tram and/or bus to your final destination.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines