Mainz Travel Answers

change location
yuming's Profile Photo

bus time table?

by yuming Online Now Sep 8, 2003 at 7:16 AM

Hi, I will be in Mainz at 13-09, and go to hahn airport at mainz main train station at 6:20am. I am planning to live in Mainz youth hostel which is 3km away from train station. luckly, there is No. 62.63.92 bus . My question is : is there any early bus at Sunday morning 5-6am ? expecially bus 62.63.92. Are they go to mainz train station? Thanks inadvance.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • clocki's Profile Photo

Re: bus time table?

by clocki Online Now Sep 8, 2003 at 8:28 AM

Yep, seems that there is one, or at least I hope so :-) Just checked the website (www.rmv.de) and almost got lost, not very intuitiv if you ask me... [snip] Ok, found a better stop before I sent the message :-) The busstop you are looking for is "am Viktorstift / DJH" (the latter one means Youth Hostel). With this, you can feed the website above. Maybe this small map of the area is of any use for you (12kb pdf): rmv.de/id=3k6ssk84r1/coremed... The Youth Hostel webpage says Otto-Brunsfels-Schneise as it's address, which is very close to the north-east. This one seems to be good: Bus 92: DJH --> Hauptbahnhof 5:44 --> 5:56 (costs: 1,95 EUR) Don't know about busses 62 or 63 but this way, you'll have half an hour at the station, in case you plan to buy some books/magazines/sweets or whatever. As a side-note, it's not that far to the station, so if you don't have tons of luggage, you can also walk the whole way. Depends on personal preference. Cheers, - Marko PS: On the way to Hahn, please wave and greet my home town which you can see sitting on top of a small hill, 10 minutes before you arrive at the airport ;-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines