change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• lakesusy's Profile Photo

Fall vacation for Senior couple

by lakesusy Online Now Jul 20, 2011 at 2:12 PM

My husband & I, both 70+, are planning on going to Maine area for two weeks this fall. Would like to split our stay into two areas, each one week. Would appreciate any advice on where, when, vacation rentals. Would love to be on the waterfront. Will be taking day trips to photograph the area, see the sights.
      Thanks!

1 Answer Sep 3, 2011 at 7:01 AM
    • October travel to Maine

by tvlwk Online Now Jul 4, 2010 at 12:36 PM

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip in October (the week of the 18th) to celebrate his birthday. We are considering Maine (specifically Bar Harbor and the surrounding area) since neither of us have been before. We would probably spend 4 or 5 days, and are just looking for a relaxing time to explore the area, enjoy the local scenery, dining etc. What can we expect weather wise, and any suggestions on where to stay?

We would prefer an inn or hotel, something a little more upscale, yet not extravagant. I have begun to do some research, but any suggestions would be helpful.

4 Answers Jul 12, 2010 at 11:49 AM
    • Road trip to Maine

by mmccool99 Online Now Mar 29, 2010 at 2:31 PM

This august my husband and I are driving from Michigan to Maine. We are heading to Moosehead Lake where I have family. He has never seen the coast of Maine so I am looking for some suggestions on some good stops along HWY 1. We will have limited time and also dogs with us. Any sugestions for some good picturesque spots, maybe a picnic area, lighthouse? Help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

2 Answers Apr 12, 2010 at 9:41 AM
    • smeans2's Profile Photo

Potato blossoms

by smeans2 Online Now Jun 10, 2009 at 9:03 AM

I am familiar with coastal and Down East Maine, but I have never seen the potato blossoms in northern Maine. I gather it is worth making the effort. I know there is a Potato Blossom Festival in mid-late July (which answers, roughly anyway, the question of timing), but I'm not interested in the festival itself. Can anyone suggest an itinerary (areas of Aroostook County, towns, specific routes, etc.) that would be helpful in planning a short, perhaps overnight (or two) excursion so that I can see the fields in bloom and avoid the festival. Thanks.

2 Answers Jan 23, 2010 at 3:49 PM
    • a quiet little hotel in Portland

by piabart Online Now Jun 26, 2008 at 10:26 AM

We are a belgian couple that travels for the first time to Maine. We want to stay in Portland for one night in a small qieut hotel or B&B before leaving to camp out in Nature. Can anybody help us finding a place to stay (the 31th of Juli)
      thank you very much
      Pia

1 Answer Jun 27, 2008 at 10:24 AM
    • B&B in lamoine?

by Doreenlim Online Now Jun 10, 2008 at 7:49 PM

Any idea bt this B&B? CaptNEve Eden in Lamoine?

1 Answer Jul 18, 2008 at 6:12 AM
    • EPTraveler's Profile Photo

Bike trail on middle coast

by EPTraveler Online Now Jul 18, 2007 at 7:56 AM

We are going to be spending a couple days touring the middle coast in September. Primarily between Boothbay and Bar Harbor. Can anyone recommend a bike trail along the coast? We will have a car, but will need to rent bikes and possibly a rack. We are only going to have to time to do this once on our short trip, so we are looking for the best. 12 - 15 miles is plenty.

Thank you!

1 Answer Jul 20, 2007 at 7:49 AM
    • mcharlton's Profile Photo

TRIP TO MAINE, USA

by mcharlton Online Now Jun 17, 2007 at 8:43 AM

WE ARE PLANNING A TWO WEEK HOLIDAY IN THE STATE OF MAINE. WE PREFER OUT OF THE WAY, FOLKSY AREAS. NO LUXURY WANTED HERE, ONLY RUSTIC, NATURE, LOTS OF ANIMALS AND BEAUTIFUL SCENARY. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

4 Answers Mar 21, 2011 at 11:29 PM