Maine Travel Answers

change location
smeans2's Profile Photo

Potato blossoms

by smeans2 Online Now Jun 10, 2009 at 9:03 AM

I am familiar with coastal and Down East Maine, but I have never seen the potato blossoms in northern Maine. I gather it is worth making the effort. I know there is a Potato Blossom Festival in mid-late July (which answers, roughly anyway, the question of timing), but I'm not interested in the festival itself. Can anyone suggest an itinerary (areas of Aroostook County, towns, specific routes, etc.) that would be helpful in planning a short, perhaps overnight (or two) excursion so that I can see the fields in bloom and avoid the festival. Thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Potato blossoms

by wisefish99 Online Now Jan 23, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Hey did you every get to take that trip up to the Potato Blossom Festival? I'm from Northern Maine and would be happy to answer any questions you have if you want to try to make the trip again this year.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • smeans2's Profile Photo

Re: Potato blossoms

by smeans2 Online Now Jan 23, 2010 at 3:49 PM

This was quite a surprise at this date. No, I did not make the trip, partly because of lack of information. I'm in New York now, where I spend the winter, but I'll be back in Maine for the summer. Maybe this year it will happen, and I'll keep you in mind and get in touch. Thanks for the reply and offer of assistance. Best wishes, Spencer

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines