Maine

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Opening days gift shops

York Beach Apr 16, 2014 at 3:15 PM

When do most of the gift shops in York open? Joan's Beach and Gift especially.

more
    • Hotel Advice Appreciated

Bar Harbor Apr 16, 2014 at 2:07 PM

We're a family of five planning on visiting Bar Harbor at the end of June. Just wondering if you have any advice out of these three hotels (or another recommendation): Bayview, Atlantic Eeryie Lodge, and Bar Harbor Grand Hotel? Any experience with any of these?

more
    • Aussies driving Portland to Boston

Maine Mar 28, 2014 at 10:52 PM

We arrive in Portland around lunchtime 13th May and want to drive to Boston for the 16th May (to give us a day or so to explore Boston). Any suggestions of routes, towns to explore, must experience/do, foodie delights would be greatly appreciated.

more
    • marksenior's Profile Photo

The most decent and delightful place in Maine

Maine Apr 4, 2014 at 4:53 AM

Hello members, As I am planning for a spring vacation trip to Maine,USA so I am curious to know that is the atmosphere their is decent and delighful? What are your views on this?

more
    • How far is Bar Harbor from Old Orchard Beach

Bar Harbor Apr 17, 2014 at 6:25 AM

What is the distance between Bar Harbor and Old Orchard Beach

more
    • Tours in Bar Harbour

Bar Harbor Apr 21, 2014 at 6:26 AM

We are on a cruise with Holland America are there tours we can take in Bar Harbour we arrive on June 15th 2014

more
    • Overwhelmed!

Bangor Apr 4, 2014 at 11:32 AM

I will be arriving in Bangor Tuesday, April 15th. My husband will be there working in Baileyville since the 10th and will continue thru the 17th. I will be on my own for 2 days. I have looked at all the websites on Bangor and am overwhelmed at all there is to do. We will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn on Haskell Rd. What would be the best for me to do on my own for a couple days?
      thanks!
      iris downey

more
    • Tours in Bar Harbour

Bar Harbor Apr 21, 2014 at 6:26 AM

We are on a cruise with Holland America are there tours we can take in Bar Harbour we arrive on June 15th 2014

5 Answers Apr 22, 2014 at 3:11 AM
    • How far is Bar Harbor from Old Orchard Beach

Bar Harbor Apr 17, 2014 at 6:25 AM

What is the distance between Bar Harbor and Old Orchard Beach

4 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 7:55 AM
    • Opening days gift shops

York Beach Apr 16, 2014 at 3:15 PM

When do most of the gift shops in York open? Joan's Beach and Gift especially.

2 Answers Apr 16, 2014 at 3:54 PM
    • Hotel Advice Appreciated

Bar Harbor Apr 16, 2014 at 2:07 PM

We're a family of five planning on visiting Bar Harbor at the end of June. Just wondering if you have any advice out of these three hotels (or another recommendation): Bayview, Atlantic Eeryie Lodge, and Bar Harbor Grand Hotel? Any experience with any of these?

1 Answer Apr 16, 2014 at 4:32 PM
    • Overwhelmed!

Bangor Apr 4, 2014 at 11:32 AM

I will be arriving in Bangor Tuesday, April 15th. My husband will be there working in Baileyville since the 10th and will continue thru the 17th. I will be on my own for 2 days. I have looked at all the websites on Bangor and am overwhelmed at all there is to do. We will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn on Haskell Rd. What would be the best for me to do on my own for a couple days?
      thanks!
      iris downey

5 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 1:20 PM
    • marksenior's Profile Photo

The most decent and delightful place in Maine

Maine Apr 4, 2014 at 4:53 AM

Hello members, As I am planning for a spring vacation trip to Maine,USA so I am curious to know that is the atmosphere their is decent and delighful? What are your views on this?

3 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 7:48 PM
    • Aussies driving Portland to Boston

Maine Mar 28, 2014 at 10:52 PM

We arrive in Portland around lunchtime 13th May and want to drive to Boston for the 16th May (to give us a day or so to explore Boston). Any suggestions of routes, towns to explore, must experience/do, foodie delights would be greatly appreciated.

2 Answers Mar 29, 2014 at 5:22 AM
    • Writing Pen w/ Photo of Maine Coastline

Maine Mar 4, 2014 at 1:10 PM

I've been looking for a nice writing pen with a photo of the Maine coastline as a birthday gift for our accounting manager. I wrote to the Maine Tourism Board and they responded that I would be able to find it easily online - no such luck. Can you direct me please?

1 Answer Mar 4, 2014 at 5:59 PM
    • Is it worth a whole day?

Portland Feb 18, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Hey! I'll be traveling to the northeast for vacation from Alabama. I'll be flying into Boston and will have about a week and a half to take in as much of New England as I possibly can. I'm really bound to transit systems since I won't have a car. There is a megabus that goes to Portland from Boston. Could I see most of Portland in a day or should I spend the night? Any other tips on where to go or what to see would be appreciated as well!

1 Answer Feb 18, 2014 at 9:00 AM
    • college visit

Portland Feb 17, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Visiting University of New England in Biddeford with my daughter on Saturday. Want to give her an idea of the surrounding area should she decide to go to college here. I have never been to Portland, any suggestions for touring and staying overnight?

Thank you

1 Answer Feb 18, 2014 at 12:27 PM
    • busy times

Bar Harbor Feb 16, 2014 at 5:02 PM

we are planning a trip in late July. Are the hiking trails busier then. We hike with a small dog who is very well trail trained but still I am always aware of people around us. last time we were here it was in June and the trails were fairly calm. Just wondered how busy it would be in late July

2 Answers Feb 16, 2014 at 5:37 PM
    • chiggins's Profile Photo

August in Maine

Maine Feb 16, 2014 at 10:29 AM

I'm looking for advice about a trip in August. Do you need to book motels in advance or can you usually get rooms on the day you arrive in a town, like you can in California? Many thanks.

3 Answers Feb 16, 2014 at 5:13 PM
    • wtmf's Profile Photo

Lobster is the best

Maine Feb 12, 2014 at 9:03 AM

I just read your list about 10 iconic foods and you left OUT Maine lobster, Are you kidding me??? Have you ever tried a Custard Apple from Queensland Australia? Crepes from France is like breathing there is no debate about it being good. Sushi from Tokyo Japan, may as well say saki, seriously the only place better for sushi would be in someones home. Maybe that is how you see Maine Lobster.

3 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 6:24 AM
    • Vinalhaven Island-Wide Annual Yard sale?

Vinalhaven Feb 12, 2014 at 7:22 AM

I've heard, or read, that there is an annual island-wide yard sale on Vinalhaven. Can you provide some details about this event?

• Are there good chances of having 2 jobs in Maine?

Maine Jan 3, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Hey guys,

I was just wondering which are the chances of getting 2 jobs in Maine and is it a tourists' attraction in Summer? What is it like in Maine, does it have a variety of ages?

Thanks peeps!

2 Answers Jan 3, 2014 at 5:28 PM
    • Best Time for fall leaves.

Bar Harbor Dec 29, 2013 at 7:41 PM

We are planning to go back in October...is the fall, when do the leaves turn color? MJ

3 Answers Dec 30, 2013 at 9:49 AM
    • Hotel with a cannon in front

Maine Nov 29, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I have an old film of a hotel with a cannon out front on a hill somewhere we think on the Maine coast, anyone know which hotel it might be?

4 Answers Nov 30, 2013 at 9:55 AM
    • retirement

Bar Harbor Oct 1, 2013 at 11:39 AM

so is bar harbor a place to retire....?

1 Answer Oct 1, 2013 at 2:11 PM
    • COST OF LIVING

Bar Harbor Oct 1, 2013 at 11:36 AM

IS IT EXPENSIVE TO LIVE IN BAR HARBOR

1 Answer Oct 1, 2013 at 2:06 PM
    • Family's 1st Visit to Me; by car; from NJ

Maine Sep 26, 2013 at 9:34 AM

My wife, 7 yr old daughter, 12 yr old son, and I will be driving up to Maine from NJ next August (2014); it's their first trip to Me, any suggestions?

5 Answers Sep 26, 2013 at 3:51 PM
    • Any Foliage ?

Bar Harbor Sep 18, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Have you had enough cold nights to start the foliage to turn yet? Thank you.

3 Answers Sep 19, 2013 at 5:50 PM
    • Old orchard beach

Old Orchard Beach Sep 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I am going to be visiting Old orchard beach next week and i am wondering about the weather and what to pack. Any suggestions?

• what to wear from Sept 7-14

Bar Harbor Aug 31, 2013 at 5:18 AM

What do I pack for that week??

3 Answers Sep 1, 2013 at 3:34 AM
    • Bus to St John

Bar Harbor Aug 25, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Is there a bus from Bar Harbor to St John

2 Answers Sep 4, 2013 at 9:27 AM
    • sonoilvento's Profile Photo

photography enthusiast

Portland Aug 21, 2013 at 7:04 PM

What is the most quaint setting in Portland, indoors or out? (no boring sunset shots please)

5 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 3:31 PM
    • anniversary dinner for my brother and his wife

Bar Harbor Aug 14, 2013 at 10:08 AM

What is a good water view restaurant in Bar Harbor that would be romantic for dinner but still casual? My sister-in-law is not a seafood fan so menu needs to have some lighter, non-seafood items.

1 Answer Aug 15, 2013 at 5:29 PM
    • chstroud's Profile Photo

what to do for 20th anniversary?

Bangor Aug 6, 2013 at 9:16 AM

August 14th, 20th wedding anniversary. 40 something couple from NY. Help!

2 Answers Aug 6, 2013 at 10:51 AM
    • 1930s Vinalhaven

Vinalhaven Jul 28, 2013 at 4:13 PM

My great grandfather was John Shand Gordon. His publishing house/print office was called the Gordon Press. He was a printer by trade and called himself a "tramp printer". He was also an author. The Historical Society has a collection of his works and we are looking for more information, so if you know anything or have anything, please let me know!

1 Answer Jan 20, 2014 at 11:02 AM
    • Birthday cake

Bangor Jul 25, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I will be in Bangor from NS Canada during my son`s 10th birthday, he is coming with, I will require a birthday cake for him as a surprise but on short notice. I need suggestions please!!!

• new OOB resident needs advice

Old Orchard Beach Jul 12, 2013 at 3:46 PM

what part of the beach do the locals hang-out? ...i seem to always be the only single gal surrounded by visiting families or folks who don't speak english when enjoying the ocean