Maine Travel Answers

change location
ZeekLTK's Profile Photo

What's going on in Maine during Labor Day weekend?

by ZeekLTK Online Now Jun 12, 2011 at 12:44 PM

It's our new "tradition" to take a roadtrip up in the Northeast for Labor Day weekend. In 2009 we went to Boston and hit up a New England Revs' game. In 2010 we went to Vermont and went to a brewery festival.

For this year we are thinking about making Maine our destination... are there any events going on during that weekend that we could hit up as part of our trip?

Thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: What's going on in Maine during Labor Day weekend?

by xymmot Online Now Jun 12, 2011 at 2:18 PM

Aug 3-7 is the Lobster fest in Rockport Maine, but you can always make your own festival. In PortLAND, Maine there is the Seadogs minor league ball club that is fun to watch and a hoot. travel around the shores like Scarsbough and Saco Maine and go into the beach town Old Orchard Beach. Now that's a hoot and get your twin lobster for 20 bucks. There is plenty to do in Maine and for a good lobster roll, I will roll over.LOL....Be sure to get early as you will find most family dinner places close by seven pm. STRANGE but true,

cheers tommy x

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Sassafrasskass's Profile Photo

Re: What's going on in Maine during Labor Day weekend?

by Sassafrasskass Online Now Jun 12, 2011 at 6:10 PM

Hey there!

Haven't heard anything about Maine, my apologies!

We were actually thinking about doing Chicago! We live in Ontario but thought about taking the Amtrak from Port Huron, MI to Chicago for Labour Day... exploring the city & then heading back!

It's a cheap way to travel, but curious... have you ever done this or experienced Chicago?!

Just thought I'd ask!

Cheers!

-Kass

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines