Mahmutlar Travel Answers

change location

Mahmutlar, whats here?

by Brett-Wallace Online Now Jun 16, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Hi
We are comming to Turkey!!!!!!!
The first week we will be travelling aroud the country and stopping at all the regular tourist traps then for the second week we will be staying at the Santana Hotel in Mahmutlar for a week in Sept 09

Can anybody tell me what there is to do or see in Mahmutlar like market, boat trips etc, or other places near here that we could visit?

Thanks

Brett

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • KoalaB's Profile Photo

Re: Mahmutlar, whats here?

by KoalaB Online Now Jun 16, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Hi Brett. I was in Turkey in Sept 2007 and found it a fascinating and beautiful country and much cheaper than Europe! Whatever you do try and see these places: Ephesus, Pammukale and the Cappadocia (Kapadokya). Ephesus and Pammukale are a short bus trip from Kusadasi and the Cappadocia is in Central Anantolio with the nearbye towns of Aksaray and Avanos. Hope this info has been of some assistance. Cheers. KoalaB

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Sirvictor's Profile Photo

by Sirvictor Online Now Jun 18, 2009 at 11:07 AM

Dear Brenda, I visited your nice Turkey pages. I thank you for your nice memories. What a pitty that you didnt visited Gallioli. On the other hand St John took Mother Mary to Ephesus after cruzification of her son. We, moslem Turks, call her Mother because we respect her dearly while she is the mother of prophet Jesus Cristus. Christ is for us a prophet/messenger like Mohammed. St. John cared her till her death at Ephesus. It is said that she is buried somewhre near to the home she lived on the Bulbul Dagh the Nagtingale Mount. The grave and church of St John is in Selcuk some 7 kms away from Ephesus. I visited her home also. I even light a candle for wishing a beautiful and nice lady to be my wife.
    She found one for me.

by Sirvictor Online Now Jun 18, 2009 at 11:31 AM

Dear Monica and Brett, Well come to Turkey to the land of 1001 adventures. Turkey is ready to serve you many delights. And well come to My Alanya where I spend 5 months of the year.

Mahmutlar is a place 10 kms away from the city centre of Alanya. There are 24 hours bus or dolmush (a typical Turkish transportation system only starts when it is full with 12 passengers. sometimes it starts with a few passengers.) There are also municipal buses which runs from one part of the coast to the other part which is 50-60 kms long. The dolmush are private enterprise they work 24 hours. The end station is very near to the market of Alanya.
    Or you can walk to Alanya after sun set. The walking payement is good for walkers.
    Alanya is a huge allaturca market. There is also a allaturca market in Mahmutlar but I dont know the time. better ask at the hotel. Alanya never sleeps have a nice night life. There are many tour boats in Alanya some tour during the night only for an hour with turkish music and belly dance. During day tine they tour long distances. The shore of Alanya is 200 kms long beach. It is not interesting to take a boat tour. Only you can lay on the board and be a real Turkish shish or Doner Kebab.
    Alanya is a big city with all kinds of internatioanl and local shoping malls. Monica will be fainted.
    You can rent a car and go to the town of Side which is one hour ways at west. Town of Side situated in the middle of Roman Ruins. The amphitheather Aspendos near Side is a must to visit. On the way dont forget to visit the waterfall of Manavgat.
    Another nust in Alanya is "Dim cay" the river of Dim on the Tourus mountains within the forest. cool and icy. There are many fish restourants along the river Dim. The customers just sit at the tables situated on the cool river and forget the heat at Alanya. September is the best season in Alanya.
    For best kebab in Alanya I advice restourant "Koyum"(read koeyuem) just at the city park.
    COUTİONs:
    please visit my Alanya page.
    Have a nice time

• Re: Mahmutlar, whats here?

by lottie666 Online Now Jul 28, 2009 at 5:43 AM

If you type in Muhmutlar living on your pc you will get info for muhmutlar.
    There is 2 markets 1 on Sat in the centre of Muhmutlar by the clock tower & the other on the east side of Barbaros street on Tuesday.

A visit to European Beauty just by the Old Dutch restaurant is a must, for 20
    euros you will have 2 hours of Turkish bath & massage, best to have this at the beginning of your holiday as it not only relaxes you it removes all the dead skin and helps you tan better.

If you have a car Dim Cay is worth a visit there is lovely restarants on the river, you can also get there by public transport (dolmus) if you ask at your hotel I am sure there will be able to tell you where you can pick the dolmus up from.

Alanya Castle has some breathtaking views again you can get the dolmus or taxi from the bottom of the castle and walk back down.

The harbour you can get various boat trips day and night & Cleopatra beach in Alanya is worth a visit.

Hope this helps a little and have a great holiday I also will be there in Sept as I have a apartment in Muhmutlar and go about 4 time a year. HAPPY HOLIDAY

by Brett-Wallace Online Now Aug 8, 2009 at 1:38 AM

Lottie666 or anybody else

Please can you tell me how much are the boat trips?

by Sirvictor Online Now Aug 10, 2009 at 12:19 AM

After living some 20 years in Alanya I drive last saturday to Mahmutlar. The little farming town has became a touristic resort with many Irish, British, Germans and russies. There are a few irish bars. You can find lots of bars and restaurants. I noticed that the fruits, vegetables, spices and cloth bazaar opens on saturdays.You can buy all kinds of bon marche at the bazaar. In my previous letter I told you that you can walk to Alanaya. No you can not. the promenade is not good to Oba. Oba is another resort some 5 kms away. After Oba there is a very good walking payement to Alanya.
    The centrum of the town is clock turm. Bazaar is around clock turm.
    There are many agencies at every street which offer rafteing,
    kayaking, paraglidering, boat tours and jeep safari to the montains. I asked one of the he told me that from 10.30 to 16.30 sailing full pension with all kinds of local drinks cola alchol it is 20 EU. They only collect EU.They take you from your hotel after reservation.

last night I asked at the quai of Alanya a boat captain he he gave me the following infornmation. Name of the tour company:Wikingen Boat Tour
    departure: 10.30 from the quai of Alanya
    Arrival: 16.30
    The boat sails westwards till Konakli some 8 miles away. On the way you will be visiting pirats caves and swimm at the emerald and crystal waters around the castle. you will have meat on board and limited local non alcholic and alcholic drinks. It is only 25 TL. which is 14 EU.
    Dont forget to ask the prices to different tour companies. On the quai there are 24 hours boats ready to tour.
    Jeep safari is 8 EU per person.
    have a look time

by lottie666 Online Now Aug 16, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Hi, if you go to the harbour its self (jump on a dolmus) you will get a boat trip cheaper than the 20 euros Sirvictor mentioned, also at the harbour you can also pay in lira (and haggle its half the fun)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Mahmutlar