Travel Answers
Mahendranagar

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Paragliding - most experienced (and insured!) company and flight duration opinion

Nepal Feb 22, 2015 at 12:32 PM

Hi, does anyone have any experience of Avia Club Nepal – they have been recommended by the company organising our holiday in nepal and they say they are pioneers in the field – but ……?

Also is it worthwhile paying the extra for an hour flight rather than 30 mins standard flight; 30 mins doesn’t sound very long but I can only guess? Thanks

more
    • Base camp newby

Nepal Feb 13, 2015 at 3:10 AM

Hi there
      I am drom australia and I am looking to plan a trek to base camp. I would like to go as part of a trek group or company that is highly reputable and would love some information or recommendations from anyone who has gone before!
      I am also wanting to know thoughts on duration, difficulty level what to take and altitude sickness. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

more
    • Must See Places in Langtang

Langtang National Park Feb 11, 2015 at 9:04 AM

Me and a couple of my buddies are planning to go for a short trek to langtang and we are hoping to be back in kathmandu In 5-6 days. how much far along can we go and What would be the best route?

more
    • Nepal in the end of June

Nepal Feb 14, 2015 at 7:52 AM

hello

I will be visiting Nepal in 3rd week of June with family and kids. As I understand that it may not be a best weather in those days. What precautions we should take and what places should we visit during our 7 to 8 days stay to make best out of our trip?
      I shortlisted Pokhara, Nagarkot, Lumbini, Bhaktapur and Chitwan initially. considering the Monsoon factor, which places can be visited?

more
    • Everest Base Camp Trek Questions

Mount Everest Feb 17, 2015 at 1:16 AM

Hello

I am starting this trek in April and really looking forward to it. I have lots of questions which i hope people can answer for me. im probably over thinking it a bit but no damage done i guess.

What are the chances of not being able to trek because of weather on a particular day? (I arrive Kathmandu April 3 and fly out April 20)

I don't have to book accommodation on the trail right? Just turn up? Is April peak season? Will accom be full if its peak season?

If I wanted to make up a day is there an easier stage to do this (I guess lower down the easier to ascend 600m in a day)?

Is there anything in particular that anyone has found really endeared them to the locals? Likewise, is there anything that a westerner may think nothing of, but would be very offensive to locals?

Seems popular to acclimatize on day 3 Namche. If you are feeling fine is there any point doing this?

The more I read about it, I wish I had at least another day or 2 on the trek, and I think I have decided to go to Kala Patthar and not actual base camp. Will I regret not going to the actual base camp?(from what I've read I don't think so)

Did anyone take anything along the trek they wish they hadn't?

When is it too late to get a porter or guide?

thanks very much to anyone that can answer any of these question!

more