Mahé Travel Answers

change location
SexyWacko's Profile Photo

I went to Seychelles, Mahe for two weeks in Mai 2006

by SexyWacko Online Now Jun 4, 2006 at 10:05 AM

Its very hot and humid so be prepared.Dont forget your sunscreen.I wanted to tan so I only put on "4"...I burned like a lobster on my first day there.So 30 is necessary.My baby had "50" and she tanned a lil bit...so the sun is very strong.
We stayed at the Beau Vallon Bungalows. If you like to just sit and relax outside this place is very nice...Right next door you have Romance bungalows ...Which looks better...But we had a baby so Beau Vallon Bungalows was perfect for us. www.seychelles.com ...(Is where we found their phone number).I rate the room 6/10...they gave us a crib for our baby and it was acceptable ...Cleanliness was to be desired...but its ok.Laundry service is expensive ...You should pay with Cash....Becuz in Seychelles the goverment takes more than half the money if u pay by Visa etc...(IM SERIOUS)If I remember correcly they leave the bisness with 15% of the price.Anyways...BeauVallon beach is the Biggest beach on the island ..(I think) Theres a good restaurant called Boat house ...the food is good...Also theres a pizzeria infront of the Beauvallon Bungalows...The pizza is really good...Anyways...we rented a car with King Cars...Its not in a touristic place because my fiances family lives overthere so they rented the car for us.
Visit the botanical Garden...They will ask for Euros..Seychelles is in need of foreign exchange.Rent a car and get lost on the mountain roads it is truly worth it.If you want to take a tour "MasonsTravel" is very good Staff is very nice and friendly...We took the tour :"Tale of two islands Pralin & La digue" Very worth it.and Semi submersible boat...Also worth it...
The driving in seychelles is dangerous.Seychellois dont care for rules.They will overtake in small moutain roads . Be careful.Baby dont require a car seat in seychelles so bring your own or sit in the back.
Thats about it...for now

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • vtveen's Profile Photo

RE: I went to Seychelles, Mahe for two weeks in Mai 2006

by vtveen Online Now Jun 4, 2006 at 10:50 AM

you should add these tips to your Mah travel page !!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines