Mahé Travel Answers

change location
bobnfran's Profile Photo

One day tour...How should we do it?

by bobnfran Online Now Nov 1, 2004 at 5:13 PM

Hi to all! We will be arriving in Mahe by cruiseship for just one day on Sunday December 5 from about 9:00m to 5:00pm. We would like a "private" English-speaking tour guide w/car for the day for transport from and to our ship and to sightsee, enjoy lunch and soak up the atmosphere. Do you know of a guide or can you direct us to one? Do we need a guide? What are some must-see things to do and see in our very short time? All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks much, Bob and Fran

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • iwys's Profile Photo

Re: One day tour...How should we do it?

by iwys Online Now Nov 1, 2004 at 5:26 PM

The first thing is, you probably can do it in a day and, don't worry, guides will be queueing up to meet you. I stayed there for 12 days, but spent most of the time lazing on the beach. You should, of course, see the capital of the Seychelles, Victoria, but it's nothing special. I'd suggest lunch at the Pirates Arms - visit my VT site for the live webcam there. The new market on Rue du Bazar is the place to buy souvenirs. You should drive along the mountainous road, via La Misere, across the middle of the island and see the tea plantation en route. In the south-east, Anse aux Pins and the Craft Village- another place to buy expensive souvenirs- are worth visiting. The north-west of the island is the developed tourist strip. It's a very expensive place, but it is beautiful.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • reynarddasilva's Profile Photo

Re: Re: One day tour...How should we do it?

by reynarddasilva Online Now Nov 1, 2004 at 11:25 PM

I'm not sure it can be incorporated in the time scale, but a visit to Praslin, Mahe's sister island is of interest. a smaller version of Mahe, but with the Coco de Mer trees in the centre of the island.

• Saagar's Profile Photo

Re: One day tour...How should we do it?

by Saagar Online Now Nov 13, 2004 at 2:52 PM

Check my Seychelles page - I detail an excellent driver/guide there with contact numbers in my transportation tips pages. I can give my very best recommendations. We hired him initially through a travel agency for a day's sightseeing, and kept hiring him and his car privately for every outing and transit we did on Mahe. Totally reliable. His asking price will be realistic. Enjoy Mahe! Saagar

• SexyWacko's Profile Photo

RE: One day tour...How should we do it?

by SexyWacko Online Now Jun 4, 2006 at 10:07 AM

GO with "MasonsTravel" The staff is very friendly if possible request a man named ...Jensy...He is the best...we got the chance to have two tours with him ...He is very nice and gives you alot of extra information ...and knows pretty much everything.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines