Mahé Travel Answers

change location

Literature on Mahe

by leslie5 Online Now Oct 10, 2004 at 8:28 AM

Am visiting next March Would like to know typical prices eating out etc and walking available

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • alien_species's Profile Photo

Re: Literature on Mahe

by alien_species Online Now Oct 14, 2004 at 3:01 PM

Hi I have been to Seychelles 3 times. One of the best destinations if you like unspoilt tropical islands. Mahe itself is VERY small and laid back. There are very few places to eat in style in Mahe, but there are a few places in the hotel areas a bit of a drive away. Walking is great but heat stress is an issue particularly in May because of humidity. March less humid but a bit wetter. It WILL rain during your visit often at 4pm and at random for long periods but it isn't a problem as long as you expect it. I found an absolutely dramatic walk ( high slopes of rock-strewn hills and views to other islands over the sea. ) from beyond the Fishermans Cove hotel. 2 hours or so.... to a beatiful palm cove. I will post a pic if I can find one in my heap of pics. Mostly safe but a couple of high bits where you need to concentrate but not dangerous if you aren't careless. Probably safe because didn't see any risks but you should have a group of at least two / three girls or girl and bloke as the locals were friendly and pleasant but ... I have not put much into this but if you want more info just ask.... as I am happy to help. I will post on some other Seychelles Qs sometime soon too. D

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Literature on Mahe

by sammarcko Online Now Jan 21, 2005 at 2:11 AM

Best bet is the site www.aspureasitgets.com Be warned even on a budget everything is dollar based and can be more expensive than you expected.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines