Mae Hong Son

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Public transport Chiang Mai - Mae Hong Son - Chiang Mai

by baldikan Online Now Nov 19, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Dear all, my wife and I are planning to visit Chiang Mai and Mae Hong Son this December. We will arrive by plane in CM at 12.30 in December 25, and fly back home from Chiang Mai at 13.20 in December 28. I understand that distance between CM and MHS is far enough, but unfortunately we an not take flight from CM to MHS and return due to tight budget. Is there any public transportation that can suit our flight schedule? If we have to stay 1 night in CM is OK, but we prefer to do it on the last night to make sure we will not miss our flight back. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

8 Answers Nov 25, 2013 at 4:12 AM
    • Mae Hong Son to Pai

by Slho Online Now Sep 13, 2013 at 4:52 AM

I bought flight tickets from Chiangmai to Mae Hong Son by mistake, in fact my destination is Pai! Understanding that it may take a few hours from MHS to Pai by van, shall I give up the flight and take a van from Chiangmai to Pai instead? Or will it be easy to hire a taxi from MHS to Pai and approx how much will it cost?

7 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 3:12 PM
    • xaver's Profile Photo

thai flights

by xaver Online Now Mar 8, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I am reading in this and some other forums that there are thai air flights from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son but then I cannot find any in the Thai air website, do you know if these infos are old? Any other company flying that route or even better direct from Bangkok?
      Thanks

3 Answers Mar 9, 2012 at 9:33 AM
    • Car Hire

by wee_shug Online Now Feb 7, 2012 at 6:30 PM

I hope to travel from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son in April and I would like to drive one way and then return by plane. Are there any one way car hire companies that I can use ??

Campbell

2 Answers Feb 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM
    • Mae Hong Son to Sappong

by GCD Online Now Jul 23, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Can anyone give me some advice about getting from MHS to Sappong? Aiming for Cave Lodge. Bus would be preferred but I haven't been able to find any threads that describe travel in this direction? Thank you.

1 Answer Jul 24, 2010 at 8:48 AM
    • Hotel Suggestions?

by cl3150 Online Now Dec 6, 2008 at 5:38 AM

My wife and I are going to be in Mae Hong Son in earlt February and would like to get some suggestions for a nice, well-located hotel. Looking on the Internet, the Imperial Tara Mae Hong Son, the Fern and the Quarter all look nice. If anyone has actually stayed at any of these and can offer some first-hand feed-back, that would help a lot. If there are other places that you would suggest, please do that as well.

Thanks.

1 Answer Feb 19, 2011 at 3:44 AM
    • Sunflowers - when to go ?

by missielim Online Now Sep 19, 2006 at 6:02 PM

I understand that there are sunflowers season in Mae Hong Son during Nov. Does anyone know when exactly in Nov (early, mid or end Nov) ?

• Self drive rental car?

by silviog Online Now Aug 4, 2006 at 10:46 PM

In November 2006, we will fly to Mae Hong Son with Thai Airways. Our Travel Agency was not able to book a rental car in Mae Hong Son. Does anybody know a company renting cars for self driving?

Thank you!
      Silvio

• Mae Hang Son in July

by aliciareeve Online Now Mar 14, 2005 at 4:08 PM

We will be travelling to Mae Hong Son in july 2005 with our almost 3 year old daughter,I understand this is the start of the rainy season, can any one tell me if the rain causes much disruption at this time of year? How hot or cold will it be? will we need accomidation with A.C.

WE are hoping to do some day tours to see some Hill tribe villages and an Elephant treck/ride. Are these areas accessable in the rainy season?

Can any one reccomend a good tour company woith English speaking guidesa we are on a limmited budget.

WHat is the Maleria statis will we need to take medication in this area

• HammadaSearch's Profile Photo

Thank you

by HammadaSearch Online Now Oct 15, 2003 at 10:39 PM

thankyou for your welcome. Peace &goodwill to you and yours, the postcard is awesome :)