Madrid

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travelling from hacienda to Madrid

by Pearsju Online Now Jul 4, 2014 at 11:37 AM

I want to travel from hacienda Murcia to Madrid to see Real Madrid stadium. I need to find the easiest method of transport and cost and then find how I get from Madrid train/bus station to the stadium and find a hotel over nite which is family friendly. Can anyone help? Thank you

more
    • raj2050's Profile Photo

travel partner wanted

by raj2050 Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Any female travel partner need travel companion in Madrid on next august

more

travel partner wanted

more
    • tesoro77's Profile Photo

What Railroad station from Madrid to Valencia?

by tesoro77 Online Now Jun 24, 2014 at 4:48 PM

Thank you all for answering my question, very helpful. One part remains - from what railroad station in Madrid do I go to Valencia if I pick AVE? If I go by REGULAR train, again - from what station? Atocha or other??
      I know you will specify, muchas gracias :-))

more

Taxi from airport

by tesoro77 Online Now Jul 2, 2014 at 12:00 PM

1.How much do they charge (average) from airport Barajas to Atocha area by TAXI?
      2. How long is a walk from Atocha to Banco de Espana and Sevilla metro stations? If the same by taxi, how much is the ride? Thank you

more

Flamenco in MADRID

by tesoro77 Online Now Jul 2, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Hi again to everybody. I have to re-post my question because people were trying to HELP me advising that for the best Flamenco I should be in Andalucia. I KNOW that, but this time I AM NOT in Andalucia and I know for a fact that IN MADRID there are quite a few EXCELLENT and world renowned Flamenco performers - gutarist, dancers, cantaores, you name it. MY Question is - where in MADRID I can see them and whether they do perform in any theatres in Madrid, not only in tablaos that mostly cater for FIRST time flamenco viewers. I HOPE I will get a good answer to MY question (no Andalucia advice pelase) THANK YOU ALL.

more

Flamenco - the REAL ONE

by tesoro77 Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 6:07 PM

I hope to hear from Madrilenos or other conoceurs of FLAMENCO. I do know all tourist cafes where one can see a flamenco show. I AM a REAL FAN and I am not interested in an introduction to flamenco. I did check quite a few cafes for the names of performers and so far did not find any familiar names. How do I see a really good flamenco in Madrid? Do they ever perform in any theatres there? I hope to hear from those who know what I am asking about. Thank you all.
      PS - I did read a Travel Guide on Madrid HERE, went to night life, etc. DID FIND a few names of cafes but checking their lists I did not see any famous performers. PLEASE HELP.

more

Going from Madrid to Salamanca

by tesoro77 Online Now Jun 22, 2014 at 3:07 PM

I will need to go from Madrid to Salamanca around July 20, 2014. I am staying in Salamanca for 2 nights. I do not drive and I will take public transportation - either a train or a bus. I would want to hear from Salamanca locals - what's the best and fastest transportation available? Is there a BULLET train or a regular train? How long is the ride and how much is fare? Where do I board the train from Madrid (Atocha or ANOTHER train station?) If a bus is better, where do I take the bus in Madrid, how long and how much? Thank you for your help.

more
    • philosykos's Profile Photo

6 hours to kill at Madrid airport..Can I go into Madrid..???

by philosykos Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 10:16 AM

I have a connecting flight in Madrid from Malaga.(on route to Greece).with a good 8 hour wait till flight leaves..Can I leave the airport to go into Madrid? I would already have my boarding card..and I assume be back at airport 2 hours before flight as I would need to go thru security..correct??
      So..landing in Madrid..would I just go to baggage claim(just because thats the way to exit) like everyone else instead of staying in TRANSIT and just EXIT out??Many thxs! Never done it before so not sure..

more
    • Travelling from hacienda to Madrid

by Pearsju Online Now Jul 4, 2014 at 11:37 AM

I want to travel from hacienda Murcia to Madrid to see Real Madrid stadium. I need to find the easiest method of transport and cost and then find how I get from Madrid train/bus station to the stadium and find a hotel over nite which is family friendly. Can anyone help? Thank you

Taxi from airport

by tesoro77 Online Now Jul 2, 2014 at 12:00 PM

1.How much do they charge (average) from airport Barajas to Atocha area by TAXI?
      2. How long is a walk from Atocha to Banco de Espana and Sevilla metro stations? If the same by taxi, how much is the ride? Thank you

4 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Flamenco in MADRID

by tesoro77 Online Now Jul 2, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Hi again to everybody. I have to re-post my question because people were trying to HELP me advising that for the best Flamenco I should be in Andalucia. I KNOW that, but this time I AM NOT in Andalucia and I know for a fact that IN MADRID there are quite a few EXCELLENT and world renowned Flamenco performers - gutarist, dancers, cantaores, you name it. MY Question is - where in MADRID I can see them and whether they do perform in any theatres in Madrid, not only in tablaos that mostly cater for FIRST time flamenco viewers. I HOPE I will get a good answer to MY question (no Andalucia advice pelase) THANK YOU ALL.

4 Answers Jul 2, 2014 at 2:24 PM

travel partner wanted

2 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 11:24 PM

travel partner wanted

1 Answer Jun 30, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Flamenco - the REAL ONE

by tesoro77 Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 6:07 PM

I hope to hear from Madrilenos or other conoceurs of FLAMENCO. I do know all tourist cafes where one can see a flamenco show. I AM a REAL FAN and I am not interested in an introduction to flamenco. I did check quite a few cafes for the names of performers and so far did not find any familiar names. How do I see a really good flamenco in Madrid? Do they ever perform in any theatres there? I hope to hear from those who know what I am asking about. Thank you all.
      PS - I did read a Travel Guide on Madrid HERE, went to night life, etc. DID FIND a few names of cafes but checking their lists I did not see any famous performers. PLEASE HELP.

4 Answers Jul 1, 2014 at 1:25 PM
    • philosykos's Profile Photo

6 hours to kill at Madrid airport..Can I go into Madrid..???

by philosykos Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 10:16 AM

I have a connecting flight in Madrid from Malaga.(on route to Greece).with a good 8 hour wait till flight leaves..Can I leave the airport to go into Madrid? I would already have my boarding card..and I assume be back at airport 2 hours before flight as I would need to go thru security..correct??
      So..landing in Madrid..would I just go to baggage claim(just because thats the way to exit) like everyone else instead of staying in TRANSIT and just EXIT out??Many thxs! Never done it before so not sure..

8 Answers Jul 1, 2014 at 1:37 PM

What Railroad station from Madrid to Valencia?

by tesoro77 Online Now Jun 24, 2014 at 4:48 PM

Thank you all for answering my question, very helpful. One part remains - from what railroad station in Madrid do I go to Valencia if I pick AVE? If I go by REGULAR train, again - from what station? Atocha or other??
      I know you will specify, muchas gracias :-))

2 Answers Jun 25, 2014 at 1:47 AM

Going from Madrid to Salamanca

by tesoro77 Online Now Jun 22, 2014 at 3:07 PM

I will need to go from Madrid to Salamanca around July 20, 2014. I am staying in Salamanca for 2 nights. I do not drive and I will take public transportation - either a train or a bus. I would want to hear from Salamanca locals - what's the best and fastest transportation available? Is there a BULLET train or a regular train? How long is the ride and how much is fare? Where do I board the train from Madrid (Atocha or ANOTHER train station?) If a bus is better, where do I take the bus in Madrid, how long and how much? Thank you for your help.

5 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    • juliana5871's Profile Photo

What is the best way to find relatively low cost housing

by juliana5871 Online Now Jun 12, 2014 at 6:14 PM

I am trying to find a host family, flatmate, or relatively low-cost housing. Any tips?

Thanks,

Juliana

2 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 1:44 AM
    • juliana5871's Profile Photo

Advice for Travelling to Madrid

by juliana5871 Online Now Jun 12, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Hi! I am going to be living in Madrid, Spain and could seriously use some advice! I am from the USA, and will be a foreign exchange student at a business university in Madrid. I have to find my own housing. My Spanish is not very good and I could use advice on everything from understanding the metro and how to ride it, to where to find housing and a host family, to where the locals go to eat, to understanding the VAT tax. Please message me if you would like to share advice and be friends!
      I am also looking to make friends in Spain even before I arrive!

7 Answers Jun 18, 2014 at 10:50 AM
    • Madrid Airport

by sarafdaisy Online Now Jun 10, 2014 at 1:02 PM

We fly to Terminal 1 at Barajas airport in Madrid and want to take the airport bus to the nearby Hotel Barajas around 5 minutes away we think. Does anybody know which bus we should take and from where outside T1?

6 Answers Jun 11, 2014 at 4:14 AM
    • sabrina556's Profile Photo

Transportation

by sabrina556 Online Now Jun 9, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Hello people,
      I am gonna to be in Madrid 30th june : the airport , I would like to know
      How can I move from Madrid to Córdoba with cheap means of transportation
      I heard about the bus, and the train , and I think I have to take first another mean
      Could you please give me as possible as you can information :)
      If it is possible , maybe one of you can meet and explore a little bit the city,

thanks,
      sabrina.

1 Answer Jun 10, 2014 at 5:40 AM
    • Transfer to Chamartín train station from Barajas airport.

by RohitS15 Online Now Jun 8, 2014 at 8:47 PM

I'll be arriving in Madrid by an international flight at 3:45 PM and I need to catch a train from Chamartín at 7:15 PM.
      Is this achievable if my preference is Metro/city transport bus service ?

3 Answers Jun 22, 2014 at 9:03 AM
    • MichaelF45's Profile Photo

Places to stay

by MichaelF45 Online Now May 25, 2014 at 6:30 PM

Hey Fellow Travelers,
      I'm flying to Madrid and Frankfurt in July, does anyone have any recommendations for Hostels/Hotels?
      Any good or bad experiences in these city's? Anything I simply must do or see whilst i'm there?

4 Answers May 26, 2014 at 12:18 PM
    • Madrid Airport: will I have time problems with my connection?

by Foxeshunters Online Now May 19, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Hello I will fly in July but I have to buy the ticket the next days. I will arrive at Madrid airport at T4 terminal (with Iberia) and I will have less than 1 hour and a half to take another flight to Colombia (South America) with Avianca. I know now Avianca flies from T4S and it is necessary to take the train. I also know Avianca is to transfer flies at T1 terminal. I know T1 is far from T4, in your opinion will I'll be abled to take that flight? Is less than 1 hour and a half enough?
      Thanks for your suggestions.

4 Answers May 25, 2014 at 8:59 AM
    • Best place to stay

by Milinhet Online Now May 15, 2014 at 2:55 AM

I want to visit Madrid on 20th may 2014 for 3 nights and i am an Indian. Please suggest me best place which is near to all tourist attractions and metro station. I am lookind for a 4 star property . Please if anybody can assist me that will a great help

2 Answers May 15, 2014 at 6:53 AM
    • yvr's Profile Photo

tapas bars

by yvr Online Now May 14, 2014 at 8:03 AM

Last time I was in Madrid I was taken to a large hall/building where there were many Tapas Bars under one roof, perhaps 12 or more. It was near a large Cathedral perhaps someone knows it's location or can suggest another with numerous Tapas Bars under one roof.

4 Answers May 14, 2014 at 11:34 PM
    • Spanish language schools in Mardid

by wikkywonka Online Now Apr 30, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Hello!
      I am planning a trip to madrid to study spanish, but there are so many language schools I can't decide which one to choose. Can you help me?
      I have the next 3 in mind: madridplus, eureka and ail. Do you have any experiences or advices? Or can you recommend another one?
      Thanks! :)

2 Answers May 6, 2014 at 4:19 AM
    • Hotels in Manzanares el Real

by jcmg80 Online Now Apr 29, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Are there any cheap/reasonable hotels in Manzanares el Real? I really don't want to spend more than 40 euros/night.

4 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 1:40 AM
    • shegeekbham's Profile Photo

Pedro Almodovar Film Locations

by shegeekbham Online Now Apr 26, 2014 at 2:01 AM

I want to organise a Pedro Aldovodar themed tour of Madrid for a friend. Does anyone know of a good one that exists or have suggestions for a route?

5 Answers May 4, 2014 at 5:59 PM
    • Hotel review One Shot 23 Madrid

by lil485 Online Now Apr 22, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Has anyone stayed at One Shot 23 Madrid on Calle del Prado, 23, 28014 Madrid, Spain? If so would you recommend it? What were the pros and cons and is the neighborhood it's in safe to walk at night?

2 Answers Apr 23, 2014 at 1:07 AM
    • Looking for a swimming squad to train with

by XXXL Online Now Apr 21, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Looking for a swimming squad to train with

• may 1 st in madrid

by camillaschubert Online Now Apr 12, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Any suggestions what to to do in madrid on may 1st 2014? I have seen that all the museums , shops and markets are closed on this day. is everything closed for the entire day?

every answer will be highly aprreciated:-)

1 Answer Apr 12, 2014 at 10:14 AM
    • Tips for tourist

by lil485 Online Now Apr 11, 2014 at 7:56 PM

2008 was the last time I was in Madrid. As of 2014, what are some safety tips you would recommend as I'm coming back with my mom in tow with me this time. I know pick-pocking has always been a problem but do you find more of it now or less of it? Also more police presence or still no change?

2 Answers May 29, 2014 at 9:29 AM
    • Apartments for rent

by sandra10804 Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 4:18 AM

I need to rent an apartment for six weeks near madrid city affordable and in a safe area

2 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 1:45 AM
    • Airport Transfer

by buster4 Online Now Mar 27, 2014 at 12:41 PM

Hi
      What is the cheapest and easiest way to get from Madrid Airport to the centre of Madrid

Thanks

7 Answers May 25, 2014 at 9:00 AM
    • Two nights in Madrid

by pcola Online Now Mar 14, 2014 at 8:45 PM

We are flying into Madrid in early May and would like to find a nice place to stay for two nights before heading to Barcelona. Any suggestions for a nice stay close to some sights?

4 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 5:05 PM
    • valle's Profile Photo

pre paid sim card for mobile phones

by valle Online Now Mar 9, 2014 at 1:04 AM

1. I will in spain for 2 weeks starting Mar 26, 2014. I want to buy a prepaid sim card with internet for 2 weeks and with some local call within Spain.

2. I want to buy a pre paid sim card just for calls & text. I do not need internet.

Please recommend what types of sim card package I should buy. Thanks.

7 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 8:05 AM
    • Semana Santa in Madrid

by letscruise Online Now Mar 6, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Another question... We'll be in Madrid during Semana Santa. Is there anything special we should know: Different business hours, museum closings, special events we should try to see? We may also rent a car for a day or two for an excusion out of town. Any recommendations on any special places to visit during that week?

Thank you!

5 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 2:17 AM