Madrid

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travelling from Madrid airport (April 2016) to Salamanca on the same day

by Jfjb15 Online Now Aug 26, 2015 at 8:56 AM

We only have 45 mins between our flight landing and the bus leaving to Salamanca. Is this feasible? If we miss the bus what are our alternatives for getting to Salamanca that same day? Can we get on the next bus even if we haven't booked tickets for it? Or are there other alternatives? Basically we need a plan B if we can't make the bus. Many thanks for any advice.

5 Answers Aug 26, 2015 at 12:58 PM
    • rest areas

by tombas2402 Online Now Aug 25, 2015 at 4:15 AM

I have 10 hours brake there, is there area to sit and rest?

1 Answer Aug 25, 2015 at 4:20 AM
    • Help needed to identify photos

by Terrypin Online Now Aug 25, 2015 at 1:26 AM

Can anyone help me identify the following buildings in Madrid please? I've been scouring Google Earth for hours in vain. They were all taken on the City Tour Route 1, within a few minutes of each other, I think not far from the Metropolis building, Gran Via.

1. dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...
      2. dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...
      3. dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...

--
      Terry, East Grinstead, UK

6 Answers Aug 25, 2015 at 12:20 PM
    • Where to get camera film developed?

by ashleyjoy28 Online Now Aug 20, 2015 at 9:35 AM

Hi does anyone know where I can go to get my camera 35mm film developed/processed?

Thanks!

1 Answer Aug 20, 2015 at 10:42 AM
    • BUYING TRAIN TICKET ONLINE

by penguinstudio Online Now Aug 18, 2015 at 2:35 PM

Hi there,

Would it be cheaper if I buy the train ticket online from renfe.com instead of buying it at the station.

Thanks.

Shanne

5 Answers Aug 19, 2015 at 1:47 AM
    • what is this building

by rollercoaster123 Online Now Aug 11, 2015 at 2:20 PM

Does  anyone  know  what  this  building  in  Retiro  Park  in Madrid  is  being  used  for  and  what  it  was  originally  used  for.  Tahnks,  Gary

3 Answers Aug 12, 2015 at 2:33 AM
    • apartments/villas

by EstherG5 Online Now Aug 10, 2015 at 3:02 PM

looking for apartments/villas for 20 people

1 Answer Aug 11, 2015 at 12:59 AM
    • cheapest way to get to Barcelona from Madrid

by KateG27 Online Now Aug 10, 2015 at 2:29 AM

Hi we will be travelling from Madrid to Barcelona on 27th August. What would the cheapest way to travel be please? The cheapest train ticket I could find was €200 (for2). Thanks

11 Answers Aug 26, 2015 at 10:07 PM
    • airport to city

by barbsteele8 Online Now Aug 8, 2015 at 12:57 PM

We have 3 hours in the Madrid airport between flights after arriving from the US. Is that enough time to go into the city or do anything besides sit and wait?

7 Answers Aug 10, 2015 at 12:53 AM
    • MightyMo41's Profile Photo

nice restaurantin Madrid

by MightyMo41 Online Now Aug 5, 2015 at 4:37 PM

Hello VT Members

May any one suggest me a lovely romantic style restaurant in Madrid where i can celebrate my wife's birthday at...

Thanks

1 Answer Aug 6, 2015 at 2:09 AM
    • Cheap car rental

by Darius111 Online Now Jul 28, 2015 at 11:49 PM

Hey guys,

We will be in Madrid airport on 02nd of September, and will fly home from Barcelona on 13th of September. We need a car to travel to Malaga and to Barcelona. Can you pls offer some cheap car rentals? Or maybe you know any private people who rent their personal cars?

Thanks!

13 Answers Aug 3, 2015 at 2:47 AM
    • Retiro Park

by rollercoaster123 Online Now Jul 28, 2015 at 5:40 PM

There are two house looking structures in Retiro Park that look like guardhouses. Does anyone know what they were originally built for and what they are being used for now.

4 Answers Aug 15, 2015 at 2:08 AM
    • Bus to Chinchon Madrid from Airport

by grugel Online Now Jul 26, 2015 at 1:08 PM

I am trying to find out if I can travel by bus or train from either Madrid Barajas airport or Madrid center to chinchon I have tried searching a few sites but there is no itinerary available. I read a review on trip advisor that said the No.337 went from Madrid to chinchon but this review was written 7 months ago. Does anyone know if this bus route has been stopped or changed?

2 Answers Jul 27, 2015 at 7:20 AM
    • bbowie's Profile Photo

which neighbourhood to stay in?

by bbowie Online Now Jul 14, 2015 at 8:21 PM

anyone have any advice as to which neighbourhood in Spain I should stay in? I like smaller hotels, old areas of towns with narrow streets and small bars and taverns. Is it possible to find such an area which is also fairly easy to get to from the airport and is also close to public transport for getting around. Many thanks

6 Answers Jul 15, 2015 at 10:27 AM
    • Madrid to Porto and back- Itinerary

by tovih9 Online Now Jul 13, 2015 at 1:51 AM

I'll be happy to get an expert review on this route:

19/8 landing in Madrid, renting a car, short drive for a night stay in Los Molinos.

20/8 travel to Miranda do Douro, with a stop at Zamora (stay for 2 nights).

21/8 Douro Valley day (need some recommendations)

22/8 drive to the city of Porto and stay one night.

23/8 leave Porto at noon and drive to Salamanca - Spain, stay for the night.

24/8 leave at noon and drive to Avila for a visit. Than arrive to Madrid at the evening.

25/8 city of Madrid (without a car)

26/8 Take a bus for a day visit in Toledo, Accommodation in Madrid

27/8 Day in Madrid

28/8 Back home.

Would appreciate your advice and tips.

16 Answers Jul 14, 2015 at 8:27 AM
    • Madrid metro

by abjalson Online Now Jun 28, 2015 at 1:05 PM

We are a family of six and will be spending 7 days in Madrid, we will be travelling around zone A in Madrid, our apartment is in Legazpi. Which metro ticket should i buy for zone A only as i will not be travelling multi destinations?thanks

8 Answers Jul 4, 2015 at 7:59 AM
    • Is tipping expected?

by mecker49 Online Now Jun 25, 2015 at 7:15 PM

Is tipping expected in Spain and Portugal?

7 Answers Jul 18, 2015 at 2:44 PM
    • Madrid airport terminal 1 to metro

by abjalson Online Now Jun 20, 2015 at 2:28 AM

Hi, we are family of six arriving in terminal one, Madrid airport. We want to take the metro to the Santo Domingo to my rented apartment. I have been reading that the metro only runs from terminal two and four and then I can catch the metro from there to my destination. Can someone help me please?

5 Answers Jul 4, 2015 at 7:57 AM
    • One night in Madrid

by juka123 Online Now Jun 15, 2015 at 7:03 AM

Hi,

This Thursday, my husband and I have a 12 hours connection in Madrid at night (arriving 10 pm and leaving at 10 am).

I would like to have some suggestions for spending at least 10 hours at the night time in the city.

Is there any open parks or other sightseeing?

Thank you all :)

7 Answers Jun 17, 2015 at 11:17 AM
    • Taxi to airport

by vickyjf44 Online Now Jun 3, 2015 at 1:11 PM

Hi, would like to find out the time involved from the Atocha train station to Barajas airport,, and the fare charge. Thank you !

7 Answers Jun 6, 2015 at 10:33 AM
    • November visit

by Maryry61 Online Now Jun 3, 2015 at 12:41 AM

Hi I am thinking of going to Madrid end of November for a long weekend. Any tips?
      What would the weather be like then, is it expensive to eat and drink out?
      I am open to any suggestions

Mopsy

1 Answer Jun 3, 2015 at 1:03 AM
    • Maccanh's Profile Photo

Gran Via Station

by Maccanh Online Now May 31, 2015 at 7:00 AM

If we go by train to our hotel from Atocha, we have to change trains at Gran Via and find the train to El Capricho, it appears there is no lift at Gran Via station, does anyone know if there are a lot of stairs because we will have our luggage and my husband has a crook hip. Thanks in advance

3 Answers Jul 2, 2015 at 12:29 PM
    • lomi's Profile Photo

Looking for any Fiestas or special events happening between 19-25 June

by lomi Online Now May 28, 2015 at 10:18 AM

My first trip to Madrid central, is coming up in June and Im a little uneasy. (I got robbed of all my documents and money on the train from Barajas the first time I visited & spent the rest of the day resolving how to continue my journey to Malaga) But its time I conquered my fear and learn to dress and act like a local. Therefore Im looking for any local events going on during 19-25 in the centre where Im staying with my husband (70 years young)! Also if anyone can recommend day trips based loosely around local food and wine I would be interested, as its my husbands birthday, he needs a treat. We love all things Spanish and live in The Canary Islands & speak a little Spanish.

4 Answers May 29, 2015 at 3:03 AM
    • Maccanh's Profile Photo

Shuttle to hotels from train station?

by Maccanh Online Now May 27, 2015 at 8:27 AM

Are there shuttles from Madrid atocha station that drop off to hotels?

3 Answers May 30, 2015 at 4:38 AM
    • day trip to Avila or Salamanca?

by TravelShooter Online Now May 26, 2015 at 1:01 PM

late June, early July,

priority = photos of people, places, culture, shopping, dining, urban life;

tentative itinerary:

arrive MAD (5) nights Madrid city center

AVE train (2) nights Toledo

AVE train (2) nights Segovia

rental car day trip (1) night Avila & or Salamanca

train (2) final nights Madrid depart MAD

Questions: a. if only time for one:  Avila or Salamanca?  Why? b. anything interesting on road from Segovia to either? c. is a one-way rental car from Segovia more expensive than rental return to Segovia?
      Thanks in advance!  [yes]   [yes]   [yes]  

5 Answers May 27, 2015 at 10:24 AM
    • biciMAD for tourists, too?

by TravelShooter Online Now May 25, 2015 at 11:07 AM

End of June, start of July; 5 nights Madrid, 2 nights Toledo, 2 nights Seville, 3 final nights Madrid; (hotels not booked, still changeable) unclear if biciMAD bike share is all-electric or manual too or...? & is longest use with no extra charge 1 hr? or 30 min.?  with the 5 night, then 3 night split, what would be best payment strategy; (get annual pass for unlimited short uses?)  return to Madrid within yr unlikely; sticking to urban explorations, may also use bus-Metro pass, taxis... Thanks in advance!

3 Answers May 26, 2015 at 10:23 AM
    • holiday to Madrit

by abjalson Online Now May 25, 2015 at 8:26 AM

Hi, i am planning on going on holiday to Madrid with my family, we are a family of 6 looking for a hotel or appartment which we can rent out for 7 nights. I would like the accomodaton to be quiet and suitable for a family, i would also like the main shopping places to be nearby as well as a metro station so we can get around the city easily to see tourist attractions. All in all, i would like the accomodation to be suitable and to have the facilities needed for a family.

6 Answers May 26, 2015 at 8:44 AM
    • kuzena's Profile Photo

wine cellars in Madrid

by kuzena Online Now May 20, 2015 at 8:48 AM

Hello everybody!
      Are there good wine cellars in centre of Madrid where it's possible to taste diffrent wines? Thank you.

1 Answer May 20, 2015 at 11:18 AM
    • Hotel in Madrid

by Uttio Online Now Apr 23, 2015 at 1:18 PM

Hi. I am going to be in Madrid from 3rd June for 4 nights, with my wife and 14-yr old son. Would love to stay at the city centre/central location and use public transport for going around the city on our own - basically visiting a few landmarks and really soaking in the city. We are currently considering the following:
      a) Holiday Inn Madrid Piramides
      b) Holiday Inn Madrid Calle Alcala
      c) Hotel Indigo Madrid Gran Via
      d) Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra
      e) Radisson Blue Madrid Prado
      f) Mercure Madrid Centro (Lope de Vega
      g) Mercure Madrid Plaza de Espana

Any other suggestions are also welcome.

Thanks
      Uttio

4 Answers Apr 26, 2015 at 11:52 AM
    • Nightlife in Madrid

by ohmyyyy Online Now Apr 12, 2015 at 6:38 AM

Ill be off to Madrid at the end of June with a friend. First and foremost, we want to party hard and enjoy ourselves. I've got a list of good bars/clubs, but please feel free to drop a suggestion. We want to stay away from tourist bars as we want to meet Spanish guys. Any suggestions on good bars with primarily locals?

Where I live, night life doesnt really start until 10/11 PM. Is it normal over there to visit bars early in the evening, at around 9PM?

2 Answers Apr 13, 2015 at 2:42 AM