Madrid Travel Answers

change location
68maciek's Profile Photo

Queues to entry museums for free in the next week? Etno live music in Mardid. Skateoboard.

by 68maciek Online Now Feb 15, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Hola,

1.Should I expect long queues for hours/days with free of charge entry to museums in Madrid in the next week?
2.I may not have enough time but are there any etno/world music venues in Madrid? I will be there next mid week. I don't mean flamenco shows for tourists.
3. Are there any skateboard parks for my 14 y.o. son in the center? I have heard
about one in Manazanares river Park and another in Tetuan.

Gracias,

Maciek

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Re: Queues to entry museums for free in the next week? Etno live music in Mardid. Skateoboard.

by jayhawk2000 Online Now Feb 16, 2012 at 4:42 AM

We encountered an enormous queue for the Prado one evening, there were hundreds of people quite literally snaking around the building when we arrived, but at the stroke of 6 the doors were flung open and the line moved very quickly. That was September though, I imagine there are far fewer tourists this time of year.

It's huge inside so it didn't feel too crowded. You'll have two hours max to look around, probably less, but it's time enough for a circuit.

Most flamenco shows will be for tourists, because flamenco is not native to Madrid, however there are a couple of bars that attract flamenco fans and musicians 'after hours' for late night impromptu peformances. La Solea was one we visited, but I'm not sure if it's still open.

Happy travels, we love Madrid! More from me at redbeardtravels.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • gwened's Profile Photo

Re: Queues to entry museums for free in the next week? Etno live music in Mardid. Skateoboard.

by gwened Online Now Feb 16, 2012 at 1:30 PM

answers

1) long queus are hard to predict day to day, but when free admissioj is involved, more to it.
    2) plenty see the official party guide for Madrid La guia del Ocio
    look up music by GENERO genre
    guiadelocio.com/madrid/conci...
    3) skateboards yes at Manzanares Rio is nice, very well done park along the river Manzanares. and at Xanadu madridxanadu.com/index.php?o...
    for karting, bowling ,snow slides,and minigolf

Enjoy Madrid

• nicnpappy's Profile Photo

Re: Queues to entry museums for free in the next week? Etno live music in Mardid. Skateoboard.

by nicnpappy Online Now Feb 17, 2012 at 4:53 PM

On the topic of museum. I was there last week of December and went to Prado Museum. We arrived around quarter to seven and there was no line and went straight to the metal detector machine. If possible do not to bring bag or camera, since no photography is allowed inside anyway, the line we encountered was surrendering our belongings.

Since you're not arriving on a peak season, I assume you'll have no issue with the line @Prado.

Hope this helps! Enjoy your trip.

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo

by IreneMcKay Online Now Feb 18, 2012 at 8:13 PM

We did not visit the Prado Museum due to the endless queue, but our trip was at Christmas time so it may have been particularly busy. The Reina Sofia Museum did not have a big line up during our visit.

• 68maciek's Profile Photo

by 68maciek Online Now Feb 19, 2012 at 12:50 AM

thank you for your tips. I'm at the airport now.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines