Madrid Travel Answers

change location
fachd's Profile Photo

What to wear in April

by fachd Online Now Mar 19, 2009 at 3:13 AM

My wife and I travelling to Spain in April. She's confused as to what to pack for clothes. All reports seems to vary. Has anyone travelled at this time? Suggestions please help.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Kathrin_E's Profile Photo

Re: What to wear in April

by Kathrin_E Online Now Mar 19, 2009 at 4:06 AM

Reports vary because the weather varies. One year's experience is not necessarily useful for the next. Prepare for all variations you heard of, bring clothes that can be combined and worn in layers. An umbrella, a jacket and shoes that survive a bit of rain. And bring, or buy there, a travel-size tube of washing detergent.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Miguelzgz's Profile Photo

by Miguelzgz Online Now Mar 19, 2009 at 4:57 AM

It is true that it may vary a lot...but I think it is going to be warm. We have had a very cold winter, but it is over.

Maybe some rains, but not cold weather. So I would skip coats and "clothes for cold weather".

April is a great month to visit Madrid(and the rest of spain). Spring all over the country. I am sure you are going to enjoy a lot!

Have fun.

• Jefie's Profile Photo

by Jefie Online Now Mar 19, 2009 at 5:36 AM

I spent 3 weeks in Madrid last April and some days were fairly cool, so I was really glad I had brought a waterproof spring jacket with me. Other days were really warm and sunny though, so as mentioned before, layers are the best way to go. Hope you enjoy your time in Madrid, it's a fantastic city!

• Redang's Profile Photo

by Redang Online Now Mar 19, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Don't forget an umbrella anyway

• andy613's Profile Photo

by andy613 Online Now Mar 30, 2009 at 3:04 AM

Dont listen to what a previous poster replied to "What's in style for spring 2009", who said "No boots at that time..."
    Rubbish!
    They were ALL wearing them!!

Mostly flats/low heels but, if your wife is ok in heels, she'll be fine.
    The centre of Madrid is paved, not cobbled.

I was there last week, and the temperature was in the twenties.
    I was in shirt-sleeves all day and all night, but the locals were in coats and, like I said, big boots!

• vulpes's Profile Photo

by vulpes Online Now Mar 31, 2009 at 3:21 PM

well,from the most recent check out on the wunderground.com,i can see temps from +22 till 0!!! My recommendetion?A fluffy coat with T shirt underneath :P except if u have your hotel around the city's center and u can shift your clothes in a short time call :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines