Madrid Travel Answers

change location
Kristina1701's Profile Photo

Transportation

by Kristina1701 Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I have been wondering, what is the easiest way to get from Barajas airport to Paseo Florida / Principe Pio Train Station? By train or metro?
What kind of ticket would you suggest for stay of 5 days?

We might want to pay Toledo a visit as well, what are the best options here? Train or bus?

Many thanks in advance,
Kristina

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • roamer61's Profile Photo

Re: Transportation

by roamer61 Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Hi Kristina. I took a shuttle from the airport to my hotel in Madrid. so cant help you there. But as for taking an excursion to Toledo, I didn't go there. But I assume there are frequent buses that leave, as its a popular destination.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • roamer61's Profile Photo

by roamer61 Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 1:32 PM

From Madrid, I took the train to Seville as my next major stop on my Spain Trip.

• WomBatt's Profile Photo

by WomBatt Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 1:48 AM

I do not know Madrid's transport network well enough so - http://www.metromadrid.es/en/index.html will give your routeing.

For Toledo - tripadvisor.com/Travel-g1875...

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 2:53 PM

take the bono turistico its a tourist pass airport included for your five days, see the metro de madrid website
    to gt to principe pio from Barajas take the metro site and will tell you best direction.
    metromadrid.es/en/viaja_en_m...

hope it helps

• Natxo82's Profile Photo

by Natxo82 Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Best way from airport to anywhere in Madrid is the Metro, from the airport just take the pink line (the only in airport) and change to the 10 (dark blue) when pink is over. From there is direct line to P.pio

Traveling to Toledo from Madrid is best by train, like 1 hour travel and only 12.50€ Just go to Atocha station buy a ticket and go. There's 9 trains every day from Atocha to Toledo.

• ericsas's Profile Photo

by ericsas Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 12:37 PM

From Barajas airport T4 to Principe Pio the easiest way would be to take the train (cercanias). It will take around 40 minutes to arrive. For a 5 days stay I´d recommend to get Metrobus that is composed of 10 tickets that can be used for bus and metro. Regarding Toledo, train is faster, but there are many buses going to Toledo everyday. It depends on your budget and your schedule.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines