Madrid Travel Answers

change location
Karlithus's Profile Photo

Madrid Apartment Web Sites

by Karlithus Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 3:01 AM

Hi VT'ers!

Needing a somewhat "low cost" option for my holidays this year, I've chosen Madrid! Living in Portugal, it's a cheap air ticket :)

I'll be there for 4 nights, and I'm starting my quest to find a confortable place to sleep.

Have you already used some web site to rent an apartment in Madrid? Googling it, there are many web sites, but i'de like to start (and stick) to the ones people already used and had a good experience.

Thank you in advance!
Karl

Quote & Answer
13 Answers
  • gwened's Profile Photo

Re: Madrid Apartment Web Sites

by gwened Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 7:13 AM

Dont know how it will come renting an apartment for four days ,usually pricewise they are better for a week. you can see
    www.homelidays.com rent by owners or check the Goya 75 apartments
    http://www.apartamentosgoya75.com/

also

http://www.30madrid.com/

hope it helps

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Karlithus's Profile Photo

by Karlithus Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Hi Gwened.

Thank you for your answer.

At the moment I am looking for both Hotels and Apartments, to see what's the best option :)

I stayed 4 nights at Barcelona last year and it was way more cheap than an hotel! Maybe I was just lucky...

Thanks,
    Karl

Be the first to rate this answer!

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 7:47 AM

yes of course is not impossible just less choices for less than a week. Hope it helps

• yvr's Profile Photo

by yvr Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 8:24 AM

I just came from Madrid, not sure when you are going, but check out Accor Hotels, new Ibis Budget Ventas, it was 40euros a night, very very nice, no frills, free wifi, small flat screen TV, less than 5 minutes from El Carman Metro stop. Breakfast was 4.5euros. You can read my review on tripadvisor.com.

by Karlithus Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Hi Yvr!

I'm going late September. I'll look for your hotel, thanks!

how much did you took by metro to central Madrid? Did you tried it by foot?

Thank you,
    Karl

• yvr's Profile Photo

by yvr Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 10:03 AM

No, I bought a 7 day pass for 35.5euros, they ones that are shorter days, besides the metro you can take a bus one block from the hotel 146 Callo which will take you to GranVia. I think it is really too far to walk, the hotel however is only 10 minute walk to the bull ring, and the building is beautiful. I know the hotel is booked up for the month of August, good luck for Sept I know you would like it, everyone there is very helpful and friendly.

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 12:08 PM

near Carmen on Alcala St is where I used to lived(see my Madrid page here) and its a nice long walk to central, we do it all the time, depends how use you are at walking. the best way to see a city thus. and I second Ibis or the Accor French brand too, its the one I used all over when they are. There you can look at ayre hotels and NH hotels too.
    cheers

by Karlithus Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Hi.

Already took a look at the Ibist Hotel. Looks great and only 136€ for 4 nights... Really thinking about booking it :)

Me and my girlfriend are used to walk a lot, that's the way we see every city we go. Almost no public transport... At the end of the day we are really tired, but sure we've seen the best of the city!

Everything looking really good and we are really hoping to have a great time in Madrid!

Thanks,
    Karl

• yvr's Profile Photo

by yvr Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Just be aware that the rooms are really small, so if you just plan to sleep then no problem, All you have in the room by way of furniture is a bed, stool at small desk and that's it. You got a good price, when you divide that by the cost of two of you, it's really practically nothing. Enjoy your stay.

by Karlithus Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Yvr, after sleeping 3 nights at an EasyHotel in Berlin I believe it's possible to sleep anywhere... :)

We just need to sleep at night and have a clean room, if the hotel offers it for that price, than that's great!

Did they kept your bags upon departure? Or you didn't had to?

• yvr's Profile Photo

by yvr Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I did not ned to leave luggage, but I think they might have a room for it, I did have the email address of the hotel, but I can not find it, if you call the toll free Accor Hotels phone number they will give you the direct email to the hotel and you can email them and ask.

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 1:04 PM

most rooms in europe are small compare to america but they are ok, and walking is the best way to see a city. I am an accor cardholder, i have try the ibis but usually stay in mercure.
    Ibis Budget Ventas(the old chain ETAP ,change name) is near the monumental bullfight arena and on line 2 and 5 of Metro de Madrid, you will have connections easily to all the city easily. As economical hotels you need to call them ,dont show email contact.
    however online you can rooms for 40€
    hope it helps

• mcloughv's Profile Photo

by mcloughv Online Now May 8, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Try Housetrip.com

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines