Travel Answers
Madisonville

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• irvbur's Profile Photo

Are there any restaurants for very restricted diets?

New Orleans Apr 17, 2014 at 1:23 PM

One of my travel mates doesn't eat seafood (except fish), won't eat creole or Cajun food, is very allergic to black pepper, and won't eat pork or any breaded and fried food. She does eat beef and chicken. Where can we take her in NO that is moderately priced?

more
    • Senior Photos

New Orleans Apr 1, 2014 at 8:05 AM

What are a few of the best locations to take senior portraits in New Orleans?

more
    • Main attractions in NOLA

New Orleans Apr 2, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Any free attractions in NOLA? Good restaurants?

more
    • Proposal in New Orleans

New Orleans Yesterday

Hello!

At the end of May I plan to propose to my girlfriend of 3 years in New Orleans.

This is my first trip to New Orleans, but she has been there several times and loves the city. My plan is thus:
      - Take her to a romantic and beautiful part of the city
      - Have a traveling jazz band kind of walk up to us and start playing for us.
      - Then take her to our NEW hotel, the most luxurious and romantic hotel in the city.
      - This event would probably happen later in the evening after we've had a nice dinner and some drinks.

I'm already spending a bit on the ring, so I don't want to spend an exorbitant amount on the proposal. My budget for all this would cap out at $500-$800, and I only need the luxury hotel for the one night. The rest of our time there we'll be staying somewhere a little more modest.

MY QUESTIONS:
      - Where is the most romantic and beautiful view in the city?
      - How would one go about hiring a jazz band to appear in a certain area at a certain time?
      - Which hotel is the most romantic and luxurious and impressive?

I thank you for any info you can give me. Look forward to your responses!

more
    • New Orleans, Louisiana - Old Gentilly Road - Motel 6 Area & Other places for April 2014

New Orleans Mar 31, 2014 at 8:07 AM

My husband and I are headed to New Orleans the second week in April. That was the only time we could travel and didn't know it was French Quarter Festival. The only place I found close was on Old Gentilly Road as everything was booked or cost over $200 per night. I was just wondering is it safe to drive after dark or not. Also we have two swamp tours booked and I would like to take a day trip to Meterie Cemetery to see Millionaires Row. Are these safe trips to venture out into the daytime and do? I want to see and experience New Orleans but have read some scary things about the Big Easy and I don't want any troubles just a great time. Any advise for a first timer in NO?? Please advise as we leave next Wednesday. Thanks so much!!

more