Madison

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Road trip for a family of five which include 3 teenagers

Rapid City Apr 12, 2014 at 7:59 AM

My family and I are flying in to Rapid City in mid July our plans are to drive and visit the 1880's Town, Badlands, and Wall Drug then travel to Keystone where we would spend 2 nights while there we will visit the Needles, Mt. Rushmore and the Wind Cave. Travel to Sturgis visit the Motorcycle Museum, catch the Wild Bill Hickok reenactment in Deadwood, and Spearfish Canyon then stay 1 night at lodging in Deadwood. Travel to the Devil's Tower then head to the Battle of Little Big Horn in Mt., then travel to Cody, Wy where we would stay for 3 days, I'm not quite sure what there's to do in Cody for 3 days. Then head to Yellowstone for 3 days. My husband wants to stay at Yellowstone Under Canvas for the three nights, but I think that's too many nights. While in Yellowstone we would like to visit the Mud Pots, Mammoth Hot Springs, Old Faithful and go hiking, however we never hiked before. 3 days in Jackson Hole. While in Jackson Hole we want to go whitewater rafting, visit Grand Teton, and do the Cover Dinner Wagon. My kids would like to go horseback riding, but I don't know where I should add this to the itinerary. I would like this to be a trip that my teenage childrens would remember. Is there any recommendation of things we should eliminate or add to the list of things to do and see on our trip? Also what would be best scenic route to take? Thanks

more