Madagascar Travel Answers

change location

Beza Mahafaly and Tsimanampetsotsa NP: transport & accommodation ?

by lambje Online Now Feb 28, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Hi all,

During our trip to Madagascar coming October/November, we are considering a visit to Beza Mahafaly Reserve (35 km from Betioky) and to Tsimanampetsotsa NP. I hope you can help me with some information regarding transport and lodging:

1. Is there accommodation in/near Beza Mahafaly? If so, is this in Bezaha, in Betioky, or in another place? We don't bring a tent ourselves, but camping would be fine if we could rent a tent + sleeping bag upon arrival in the village.
2. Is it easy to arrange transport and a guide to/from the Reserve? If so, where is the place to arrange this (Bezaha or Betioky, or somewhere else)?
3. After Beza Mahafaly we want to go to Tsimanampetsotsa NP. I can't figure out what would be the best way/transport to get there. Would it be possible to arrange transport from the park via Betioky to Beheloka or Ambola? If so, how long would that take (and what type of transport would it be)? Or should we first go to Toliara, and from there go by pirogue to Anakao/Ambola and arrange the visit to Tsimanampetsotsa from there?
4. If we visit both places, would it also still be worth it to also go to Reniala near Ifaty for the spiny forest or would this offer similar flora and fauna?

I really hope somebody can help me out with these questions. Thanks a lot in advance!

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Madagascar Travel Answer Locations