Madagascar Travel Answers

change location

places to stay and things to see

by kohtao2000 Online Now Sep 13, 2006 at 2:38 AM

Hi. My wife and are are heading to madagascar 9dec-1st jan. We're very excited, but have lots of questions.

Im planning the itinerary, and at the moment I think we are going to go to Ill Sainte Marie, then possibly to Masaola / Mangabe, fly back to tana then rent a nan with a van to take us to ifaty via some national parks, then fly back to tana and home.

what I really would like to know is:
does this sound like a good itinerary?

Where are the really nice, rustic bungalow on a beach type places to stay in Sainte Marie / Masoala / Mangabe. luxury not needed, but I guess my days of real basic accomodation are behind me.

which national parks should we go to? At the moment Im thinking Ranomafana and Isalo as they seem to be nice and should fit into a reasonable drive down to the south west.

Ive heard ifaty is a bit dirty - is this true? should we head further south? would this effect the diving quality? Where should we stay? after real robinson crusoe style...

any advice atall neeeded. Im tempted to use a tour operator to sort it otu but if its easy Id rather do it myself.

thanks very much.

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Madagascar Travel Answer Locations