Madaba Travel Answers

change location

getting around by taxi and bus in Madaba

by pepysjj Online Now Feb 24, 2008 at 8:21 AM

We are arriving from jersualem, crossing at allenby bridge, 28th March, to go on to madaba, where we are staying. can someone advise me if i can pick up a taxi there, to get to Madaba. and likely costs. any information abouthe journey. and travel around Madaba to the dead sea - information most welcome. thanks
jan

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: getting around by taxi and bus in Madaba

by BigHeadBear Online Now Feb 24, 2008 at 6:59 PM

I think from Allenby Bridge to Madaba would cost you 17JOD as we took taxi from Madada to Allenby on second week of February but for sure you would have to bargain with taxi driver with the cost. You should be no problem to get taxi just outside the border in Jordan.

I stayed in Salome Hotel, the hotel and staff was very nice but prepare to turn hot water for at least 10 mins in order to get hot water after 5 or 6:30pm. I wouldn't get hot water before the time.

Since fuel price was gone up rapidly on first week of February, so price in Jordan is gone up as well. You would find the price would be quite difference with your guidebook.

Have fun in Jordan

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: getting around by taxi and bus in Madaba

by pepysjj Online Now Mar 1, 2008 at 3:18 AM

Hi
    thanks for your reply, the only reply so far about transport.
    any more info on Madaba - did you go to Petra, or was that too far in one day?
    Did you travel by taxi and bus when you were there?
    Did you visit Janna Springs? - info info I should know - is it open to the public??
    J

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines