Mactan Island Travel Answers

change location

Accomodations on Mactan Island

by magtgn Online Now Nov 24, 2010 at 3:30 AM

I will be going there in January how bad are the mosquitos that time of year?

The nicest looking place I saw there was ALTA Cebu Resort How is the water in that area looks like it is on a river or narrow body of water is that very clear and clean on the beach?

The other place whose prices looked afpordable was Cebu White Sands At Maribago Bay Hotel

If anyone has been there or knows anything about them please let me know.

Thanks

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: Accomodations on Mactan Island

by RobSydney Online Now Nov 24, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Have been to Mactan many times at different times of the year and can not remember having any issue with mosquitoes
    Do not know your budget but probably pacific bay resort and the Mactan Hilton are my pick of the 5 star places
    Previous poster is not off the mark- other than hanging out at the resorts there is not a lot on Mactan, it is really a gateway to other places and islands.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by magtgn Online Now Nov 26, 2010 at 2:22 AM

I wound up reserving at Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel Price was right. One thing I read is that ther wwater is green on the beaches and full of seaweed not like the blue of carribean or hawaii??

by magtgn Online Now Nov 26, 2010 at 2:26 AM

Only reason I am going to PI is because GF could not obtain Visa to US or I would have gone to Maui much better place! No beggers, people aren't trying to ripe you off at hotels and not a 3rd world nation. Less expensive in Hawaii, shorter flight, not buggy, great beaches! If not for her I would never go to PI nothing therefor me at all!

by RobSydney Online Now Nov 26, 2010 at 3:12 PM

well I can suggest you escape Mactan and head for borocay or Bohol for a nice beach and relaxing snorkeling and so on
    Much nicer than Mactan

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Mactan Island