Mactan Island Travel Answers

change location

Any recommendation for hotel in Mactan and Manila?

by Wendy_seah Online Now Jan 14, 2008 at 5:21 AM

Any good hotel to recommmend>

Mactan - perfer resort style by the beach

Manila - city, easy to travel around

Does anyone know if we should rent a car and drive around?

We are from Singapore...

Cheers,
Wendy

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Any recommendation for hotel in Mactan and Manila?

by Taffulous Online Now Jan 14, 2008 at 11:54 AM

Ok in manila head straight to the malate/ermita area, you have some decent cheap hotels. when i first arrived on my own, the taxi wouldnt take me there and was clearly looking for commision when he dropped me to a place that was70 per night and full of westerns with young filipinas. Stay in a budget place coz there is loads of hotels that try to pass themselves off as expenisive places, when there is no justification what so ever, and they are the same as the budget places if not worse. Sorry i cant remember any of their names but there is a few of them

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • nimato's Profile Photo

Re: Any recommendation for hotel in Mactan and Manila?

by nimato Online Now Jan 15, 2008 at 5:35 AM

In Manila, Aloha Hotel's location is indeed great. If you want of the same price range (P2000-P2500 per night), but more centrally located, do try Ermita District's Kimberly Hotel, Eurotel or Cherry Blossoms Hotel. They're just around my favorite mall in Manila - The Robinsons Mall Ermita!

Mactan's resorts are mostly super duper high end (by local travelers' standards, hehe). ShagriLa Mactan, Hilton, Plantation Bay, Alegre Beach Resort, etc. look great in their promotions... :)

• JaneCajuguiran's Profile Photo

Re: Any recommendation for hotel in Mactan and Manila?

by JaneCajuguiran Online Now Jan 18, 2008 at 9:07 PM

In Mactan, try Tambuli Beach Club. Their website is at http://www.tambuli.com/Tambuli.htm. What are you preferences for the manila hotel you would like to stay at? easy to travel around what area? If you want to go to the Manila area where most tourists go, then stay in ermita, malate or roxas boulevard area. But if you want to go to a more upscale area, stay at the ortigas hotels or the ones in makati.

As for renting a car, if you're not familiar with Metromanila, I would not suggest you drive. It would be better for you to either take a cab or hire a chauffeur driven car. There are many one-way streets which do not have signs. Also, drivers here are terrible.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Mactan Island