Mactan Island Travel Answers

change location

SDR Mactan Apartments.

by PhilippineTourist Online Now Mar 2, 2007 at 3:43 PM

Hey, guys.

I first thought of going to Cebu City for a vacation. But now I wonder if Mactan Island would be a nice choice too. I found SDR Mactan Apartments and it seems highly recommended. I don't have the link to the travel site where it got good ratings, but I was impressed by what I saw in the official site when I went there. The prices are very reasonable too. I like having my own kitchen and stuff especially.

Can anyone give me first-hand feedback about SDR and Mactan Island itself? What's there to see, what can you buy for souvenirs and what can you do?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: SDR Mactan Apartments.

by bazza1965 Online Now Mar 31, 2007 at 8:42 AM

hey, i stayed there last month. really like the place. the rooms are amongst the best i have stayed in on mactan island. their is major improvements going on at the site but was not an issue. they were just finishing a new bar/ restaurant when we stayed there. at USD224 per week, this place is excellent value in a great location (a few mins from airport), close to mactan golf course (5 mins), marina mall and restaurants. the service there is excellent. hope this helps.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by PhilippineTourist Online Now Apr 22, 2007 at 4:21 PM

Thank you so much. I think this just confirms my own feelings about the place. So far I've yet to hear any rael negative feedback about SDR. Thanks again!

Question: How did you get a room? Was it online thru their site or were you a walk-in? How did you pay? How long did you stay? Where did you get food, eat out, and so on? I hope you can advise me. I have no idea about the place!

by bazza1965 Online Now Sep 19, 2007 at 9:40 PM

So sorry for not getting back earlier.

Regarding booking: I did that online.

Places to Eat: Marina Mall is a 5 minute walk. Approximately 15 high standard International Restaurants there. I also found the Cebu Yacht Club's Marlin Bar & restaurant a treat and reasonably priced.

The Save More supermarket was modern and is also just 5 minute walk. There is also a liquor department there for wines, spirits etc.

Lots to see and do. Mactan Islands beaches are 10 - 15 minutes away. Boat day trips are inexpensive and very enjoyable. We visited 3 islands on a day trip and were very impressed. Many famous tourist spots are also on Mactan Island. It was the site for the great battle of Chief Lapu Lapu and Magellan in 1521. The historic marker is approx 10 mins from SDR by car.

If you're a diver or like the outdoors, you will love Cebu.

Marina Mall has over 100 retail stores.

Within a 5 minute drive from SDR; Golf, Gaisiano Mall (with Cinemas), Shooting range, Badminton, Tennis etc.

All in all, we were very happy with the location and I have been back since our first visit.

I hope that helps.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Mactan Island