Mactan Island Travel Answers

change location

Maribago Bluewater Hotel - Mactan

by SPCB Online Now Aug 15, 2004 at 1:40 AM

We have just booked into the Maribago and I am now worrying that we should have booked into Plantation Bay, does anyone know how good this hotel is. We are used to four/five establishments and hope this is up to standard. Look forward to your comments on this. Thank you.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • unica's Profile Photo

Re: Maribago Bluewater Hotel - Mactan

by unica Online Now Aug 15, 2004 at 6:30 PM

here's the cite for Plantation BAY www.plantationbay.com looks so nice and heard BOTH Maribago and Plantation are great resorts to stay in. I've been doing some research myself for my trip next Jan05.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • unica's Profile Photo

by unica Online Now Aug 15, 2004 at 6:55 PM

http://www.viloria.com I just read some insights on both resorts that this family stayed in. Hope this helps you out. -U

• arni_ph075's Profile Photo

by arni_ph075 Online Now Aug 15, 2004 at 11:25 PM

Maribago is sub standard to Plantation Bay..(personal experience on the two resorts).. Plantation Bay is more at far with Shangri la Mactan. If you still got a chance to change booking, go for Plantation Bay..we are slated then on their 2 bedroom suites, rooms are really great, and there is a staff assigned per suites, that could get you a cart if you want to dine on one of their restaurants.(Palermo its Italian restaurant is the best...) . Any request that you got on middle of night.. The service and facility is excellent.. They also got the no tipping program.. Maribago is not that bad, but its only okay.. Accommodation wise, if you are slated in the bungalows near the beach, its very nice, but if on regular rooms, its not that good.. The restaurants are not the best, but just offering regular dishes, and some seafood fares. In fairness compared to resorts nearby like Tambuli and the like, Maribago is the best on that side of Mactan.. got wider beach.. and it got a private island in front of the resort, its white sand, great for sun bathing..

• bongski's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Maribago Bluewater Hotel - Mactan

by bongski Online Now Aug 16, 2004 at 9:41 PM

go to plantation bay!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Mactan Island