change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Addison833's Profile Photo

Day trips with a 3 1/2 year old

Tucson 4 hours ago

Hello there! We are heading back to Tucson in mid-May and are looking for ideas for day trips with our 3.5 year old. On our last trip we went to the Desert Museum (we'll be going back!), Pima Airspace Museum, the zoo, San Javier del Back Mission and Mt. Lemmon. We're thinking of going to the Kartchner Caverns this time so am hoping to get your thoughts on that and also wondering if there's anything else we should check out in the area that we may have missed the last time?

Thanks!

more
    • Tucson to Utah by travel trailer

Arizona Apr 4, 2015 at 7:31 AM

How are highway 17 and 89 for pulling a travel trailer?

more
    • Tucson to Utah by travel trailer

Arizona Apr 4, 2015 at 7:31 AM

I want to pull my travel trailer from Tucson to Utah. Are the roads to mountainous for that?

more
    • east brady street in milwaukee

Milwaukee Apr 1, 2015 at 8:35 PM

can anyone reccomend shops,thrift stores or vintage shops on east brady street?

more
    • Addison833's Profile Photo

Monument Valley with a 3.5 year old!

Monument Valley State Park 5 hours ago

As I was mentioning in my previous question, we're staying at The View hotel when we visit the park in mid-May. What can we do at Monument Valley with a 3.5 year old if we don't do the 2 hour tour by car since our kid will have been in the car for so long. Are there any 'easy' walks in the park that she could participate in? Some exploring by foot so she can run around and exert some energy? Or are the only activities those that involve sitting and enjoying the view, vigorous hikes or drives?

Thanks!
      Cailey

more
    • Bus Service

Kennebunkport Apr 15, 2015 at 6:34 PM

can you take a bus from Wells to Kennebunkport?

more
    • Pete's Place

North Pole Apr 14, 2015 at 6:39 PM

Just wondering if old Pete's Place was still around at 24 Mile Old Richardson Highway?? Haven't been there or heard anything about it since '75 - '76. Loved that place.

more
    • first time to sanible in two weeks

Sanibel Apr 13, 2015 at 5:03 PM

does anyone know of any good places on the island for good dance music

more
    • closest major airport

Dunnellon Apr 13, 2015 at 5:26 AM

I need to figure out the closest major airport to dunnellon ? And possible transportation from airport to mothers home in dunnellon other than a taxi. Thanks for any and all assistance u can provide

more
    • Men's Cuff Bracelet Ketchikan

Ketchikan Apr 10, 2015 at 12:54 PM

One of the craft shops on a main street about a block from the pier had a great leather and copper men's cuff bracelet--Alaskan made. Been trying to find the shop and bracelet. Cheers.

more
    • Sunset eat and watch

Fort Walton Beach Apr 8, 2015 at 1:16 PM

Where is a good,fun place to watch the sunset and eat dinner -maybe some nice beach music?

more
    • travel trailer

Arizona Apr 4, 2015 at 7:32 AM

I want to travel to Utah by 17 and 89. How are the roads

more
    • travel trailer

Arizona Apr 4, 2015 at 7:32 AM

How are highway 17 and 89 for pulling a travel trailer?

more
    • jahall's Profile Photo

Transportation/car rental

Oahu Apr 1, 2015 at 4:58 PM

Hi - cruising May 16-23 and then staying at Turtle Bay 23-26. I will need ground transport from the airport to the cruise terminal and then from the cruise terminal to the rental car. Prefer private transport but more importantly reliable and quick. Some people say just wait til I get there and others say its important to have it all set up before I go. Prices are all over the map and reviews are too. Any advice would be appreciated.

more
    • Campground to trails?

Fall Creek Falls State Park Mar 31, 2015 at 5:51 PM

Hi,
      What is the distance from the campground to some of the day hike trail heads? Just trying to plan if I'll need to drive and park for the hikes or if we can go right from our campsite.
      Thanks!

more
    • Shuttle services

Destin Mar 29, 2015 at 6:04 AM

How do I get from the Pensacola airport to Destin Emerald Grand Resort?

more
    • Looking for buddies

North Carolina Mar 25, 2015 at 1:57 PM

Is anyone willing to take a roadtrip across the USA (from North Carolina to Los Angeles) from May til June?

more
    • walkietalkie2012's Profile Photo

Cherry blossoms

Washington D.C. Mar 23, 2015 at 8:31 AM

I will only have a few days in DC. Will I have a chance to see cherry blossoms end Mar/ early Apr? Where can I see them? Thanks

more
    • Interesting quaint inns

Indiana Mar 22, 2015 at 4:29 PM

Looking for a place to take 65 and older ladies for a lunch -- there would be about 15-20 of us -- around Lafayette, Indiana -- any suggestions ????

more
    • where to stay

Virginia Beach Mar 20, 2015 at 10:11 AM

location wise what would be better Beach Quarters on 5th street or Ocean Sands on 22nd street.

more
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

What to see or to visit W Atlantic Ave

Delray Beach Apr 16, 2015 at 12:21 PM

We will stay on Atlantic Ave in November 2015. I foresee to stroll on the avenue going West.

What interesting shops, restaurants or attractions can we find during our promenade ?

Thanks for the answers

Ray

more
    • Cheddarn's Profile Photo

Wynwood time

Miami Apr 14, 2015 at 2:54 PM

Does anyone recommend going to wynwood in Miami at night? Or is better to go during the day?

more
    • Looking for a good beach spot

Galveston Apr 7, 2015 at 9:57 AM

Some friends and I would like an easy place to go this Summer where we could rent a condo or small place near the beach and just kick back for a few days with the kids. Galveston is obviously quite popular and the prices I've found are relatively high. Are there any quaint, more lesser known locations near Galveston that would be a good option?

more
    • acloud's Profile Photo

Cherry Blossoms

Washington D.C. Apr 7, 2015 at 6:55 AM

I'm taking my 82 year old mom to DC to see the cherry blossoms April 14. It will be a one day trip,exclusively for the flowers :) . Any suggestions for the best viewing or any tours that would allow her to see the most while walking the least? Also, any Japanese restaurant suggestions near the area?

more
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

From airport to B&B

Seattle Apr 6, 2015 at 7:46 PM

Hi,

What is the best way to get to my B&B located on Broadway in Capitol Hill from the airport?

My flight arrives at 9:20 p.m.

Thank you

more
    • Swimming hole near Hessel

by jahnrs202 Online Now Nov 16, 2014 at 11:28 AM

We will be taking a family vacation next summer to Hessel and have been told of a wonderful secret swimming hole where we may take our dog and children. Does anyone know the location and information of this?? Thank you.

1 Answer Nov 16, 2014 at 12:18 PM
    • horseback riding

by daneille666 Online Now Aug 7, 2014 at 12:03 PM

is it worth it to ride horseback with 2 teenage girls?

1 Answer Aug 7, 2014 at 12:19 PM
    • sites not to miss.

by bowlerdj Online Now Jul 24, 2014 at 6:41 PM

I'm going to be staying in the Grand Hotel Sept. 30th - Oct. 2nd. What should I make sure to see? I have been to the fort and one of the butterfly houses.
      I would like to do some biking but to old to do hills.
      Any suggestions? Where do I find the best map of the island?
      Thanks for any help.
      Debbie

1 Answer Jul 24, 2014 at 8:10 PM
    • stowaway101's Profile Photo

round trip bike price

by stowaway101 Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 9:20 PM

on all the websites for ferries I see a $9ish price for bike, however no one specifies if it is round trip or one way. Can anyone help me out with this?

1 Answer Jul 3, 2014 at 10:12 PM
    • Is it worth going to Mackinac Island or should I spend all of my time near Traverse City?

by CRS21 Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 5:25 AM

We are headed to Michigan from Maryland. We have never been there before and there are so many things to do. Does it make sense to go North and see Mackinac Island and then head down to Traverse City? We do have 2 campgrounds that we have booked. Is is worth seeing this Island vs going to the other beaches? Just trying to get a sense of what to do.

2 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 8:39 PM
    • Horse lovers

by SCLM13 Online Now May 27, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Are there barn tours for those of us who have horses and would enjoy seeing behind-the-scene equine operations there on the island during our visit?

3 Answers May 28, 2014 at 6:51 AM
    • Island travel

by Donlevymelissa1 Online Now Aug 29, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Can u walk to the island

2 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 7:57 AM
    • Nice place to stay on or near Mackinac Island - camping or hotel

by JimP99 Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Looking to plan a late summer or early fall trip to Mackinac Island. Any advice on reasonable places to stay either on the island or close-by on the mainland. We would camp or get a hotel depending on convenience. Also, are there any must-see things around this area?

4 Answers Mar 1, 2013 at 9:00 PM
    • Hearing Impaired

by Buddybear Online Now Jun 25, 2011 at 11:12 PM

For the horse and buggy tours on Mackinaw Island, are there helping aids for the hearing impaired. I will be visiting with my grandparents and would like them to be able to hear the tour guide.
      Thank you

1 Answer Jun 26, 2011 at 7:02 AM
    • biking on island

by jaci12000 Online Now Aug 21, 2010 at 6:42 PM

How long does it take to bike around the island or take a carriage

1 Answer Aug 22, 2010 at 4:36 AM
    • L2go's Profile Photo

4th of July

by L2go Online Now Jun 19, 2009 at 8:40 PM

My boyfriend wants to visit Mackinac Island on 4th of July. His plan is to stay in his tent. Is camping allowed on the Island? Would reservations for a tentsite be necessary? Is it crazy busy on 4th of July there?

Thanks for your replies. I'm sorry to doubt him, but....
      L2gp

7 Answers Aug 3, 2009 at 8:04 PM
    • Hotels

by IAMPT Online Now Jul 16, 2008 at 11:36 AM

My question is...Is it worth the extra money to stay on the Island rather than in Mackinaw City? There is quite a price difference, and before I slurge, I would like to know if it is worth it? And, how many days should we allow to see the attractions ont he Island?

1 Answer Jul 16, 2008 at 4:57 PM
    • mghnrae23's Profile Photo

Dog-friendly restaurants

by mghnrae23 Online Now Jun 25, 2008 at 2:19 PM

my boyfriend and i are planning a trip to Mack city/island and we were planning on bringing our dog. We have checked around for pet-friendly hotels and ferrys, but we were concerned about eating on the island and wondering where to put him. So, if anyone knows about any resturaunts that allow dogs, that would be helpful. I have found a few, like the Jockey Club and the Waterfront Patio cafe. But if there are more, we would love to know! Thanks for the help!

2 Answers Jun 30, 2008 at 12:28 PM
    • BACHLORETTE PARTY

by gracie1 Online Now Jun 24, 2008 at 2:17 PM

HI
      We are going to Mackinaw Island for my Bachlorette party the third saturday of August
      We want to hit the pubs and dance and play a few Bachlorette games.
      We are all 24 years old, except my bridesmaid cousin who is 18.
      Can she get in the pubs and dance (not drink) or will they make her leave?
      Are the Pubs fun?
      I am also considering Midland Street in Bay City
      But I am not sure the bars there will let an 18 year old in
      Any info is welcome
      Thank you

1 Answer Aug 4, 2008 at 7:24 AM
    • Bike fees?

by abigailsue Online Now Jul 14, 2007 at 4:25 PM

What are the bike fees on the island and what are the fees to brind your own bike over to the island?

1 Answer Jul 14, 2007 at 7:54 PM
    • Wheel Chair availability

by bjching Online Now Jun 6, 2006 at 7:56 PM

What is the availabilitity of renting wheelchairs at Mackinac Island?

Where do you get them, and how much?

Thanks for the help

Regards,

Bob Ching

2 Answers Aug 26, 2006 at 8:09 PM
    • Need a photo of a non-tourist feature

by Veloise Online Now Feb 16, 2006 at 2:49 PM

Hi islanders--
      For business purposes I need a photo and location of the water tower or tank. I think that it is visible coming from St Ignace, which would put it on the western side of the island. Help! Oh, and this is an ASAP.

Thanks very much--

--Veloise

1 Answer Feb 16, 2006 at 3:05 PM
    • Touring Mackinac Sep.

by michiganfall Online Now Sep 29, 2005 at 8:06 AM

We plan to drive to Mackinac island this Saturday (Oct. 1) and stay for a night. Is it a good time to enjoy the fall color there, or we'd better go next weekend? W e live in Farmingtion Hills.

2 Answers Oct 7, 2005 at 7:39 PM
    • Looking for Locals!

by JottivaD Online Now Sep 11, 2005 at 6:41 PM

I'm looking for Mackinac Island residents who I can email and ask a few questions about the island. Planning a trip for 10-12 adults next June and wanted some inside info. If you're not a local but and Island expert, that would be great too. Email me at JottivaD@aol.com Thank you

3 Answers Mar 25, 2006 at 9:48 PM
    • mistermickeysalano's Profile Photo

Horses

by mistermickeysalano Online Now Mar 24, 2005 at 8:27 PM

Can you bring your own horse to ride?

3 Answers Jan 6, 2006 at 8:58 PM