Mackinac Island Travel Answers

change location

Looking for Locals!

by JottivaD Online Now Sep 11, 2005 at 6:41 PM

I'm looking for Mackinac Island residents who I can email and ask a few questions about the island. Planning a trip for 10-12 adults next June and wanted some inside info. If you're not a local but and Island expert, that would be great too. Email me at JottivaD@aol.com Thank you

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • RE: Looking for Locals!

by CONNOROBRIAN Online Now Sep 18, 2005 at 7:42 PM

I'm not a Mackinaw Island expert but I've lived 30 miles south of there for 25 years. What are your questions?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Looking for Locals!

by JottivaD Online Now Mar 25, 2006 at 9:39 PM

I was wondering when and how long lilacs are in bloom. I know festival is June 9-18 but I'm planning a trip for 10-12 people and we want to visit when lilacs are in bloom but not during festival so it's not too crowded. Also looking for accomodations. Thank

• RE: RE: Looking for Locals!

by CONNOROBRIAN Online Now Mar 25, 2006 at 9:48 PM

Depends on the weather. Lilacs can stay in bloom for a month or so. It doesn't matter because anytime after the first weekend in June is going to be very busy in Mackinaw city and the island.
    Accomadations can get expensive, especially on the island. If you stay in mackinaw city, expect to pay 90 dollars off the water per night and from to 140-180 a night on lake huron.
    If you book now, you might get a room for around 125 a night on the island.
    go to mackinawcity.com and check out the links

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines