Machu Picchu Travel Answers

change location
janettaW's Profile Photo

hello friends

by janettaW Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 3:48 AM

booked our flights to lima sept 2013, now the next bit, and how to do it. if we saved up and stayed at santuary lodge, does it include the tickets to get into the MP SITE,as it does say you can go in and out as you wish, please help.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • walkietalkie2012's Profile Photo

Re: hello friends

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 4:41 AM

Sanctuary Lodge is a pricey and nice accommodation located just next to Machu Picchu. Have not stayed there. We stayed at the cheaper hostel at Aguas Calientes, the base town for Machu Picchu. A quick check shows that if u buy that Hiram Bingham package it will include the entrace ticket and round trip train from Cusco plus meal on board. Don't think room only will include entrance ticket. But best to email them. sanctuarylodgehotel.com/web/...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • janettaW's Profile Photo

by janettaW Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 1:09 AM

hi tom, thanks foradvice, do those other hotels get you the tickets and train, how do you get them then, have tried on line, santuary lodge does the h bing train and hotel full board for £624 just over, isthat good. please advise j

• jmhultin's Profile Photo

by jmhultin Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I just returned from MP - since I was on a package tour, I didn't have to deal with some of the issues, but here is some thoughts: All tickets to the park are good for in-and-out for a full day. If you want some luxury, there are some VERY nice lodgings in Aguas Calientes (check out the Inka Terra for about one-third the price of the Sanctuary). You can catch the bus at 5:30 am and be at the gate by opening time at 6 to get those first couple of hours of (relatively) crowd-free exploration. If you want a pleasant respite mid-day, make a reservation for lunch (well in advance) at the Sanctuary. There are two other lunch options - all are within 50 yards of the front gate. There is a crowded buffet, with good food, and also an outdoor snack bar.

There are no food options or restrooms inside the park.

• tmosterhus's Profile Photo

by tmosterhus Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Hi, I just got back from MP a few months ago and I stayed at the Sanctuary Lodge. If you book a room at the Sanctuary Lodge they will purchase your MP entrance tickets for you, for a small service fee. The tickets will then be waiting for you when you check in. The lodge is unbelieveable. With fabulous access to MP. We were the first ones in MP and the last ones out! That is what made the Price to stay there worth it for us. It is also unlimited drink (alcohol too) and food during your stay. The service is awesome. I wouldn't bother with spending money on the Hiram Bingham train. We took the "middle of the road" train (can't remember name) but it had the full windows. On the way to MP try to get seats on the left side, there is a lot more to see on that side of the train. On the way back, we returned in the dark, so it didn't really matter what side we were on.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines