Maastricht Travel Answers

change location

help

by JackVee Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Hi All We want to travel from Maastricht to Munich the most efficient way. Maastricht air fly direct but charge a lot of money. Another way I have been told is to go to Cologne fly Air Berlin. Anyone got any thought on the matter. If Cologne is the way to go do we bus it to Aachen then train to Cologne. Is the airport a long way from the train station? Anyway you get the drift of our plight. Any answer is much appreciated. Jack

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Re: help

by Maryimelda Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 6:41 PM

I would think that the easiest way to do this journey would be by train all the way. For instance, you can get a train from Maastricht at 6.19am and change in Lieges and Frankfurt then on to Munich arriving at 1.12pm.

The beauty of train travel is that you leave from the centre of the city and arrive in the centre of the city. Remember that when you travel by air you have to factor in so much extra time for travel to and from the airports, security checks, baggage claim and check in. Then there are fares to and from the airports which can bump the price of the airfare up quite considerably.

The standard fare for this journey is in the vicinity of 156 Euro but if you check online about 92 days in advance of your journey, you will probably be able to pay much much less.

More info here:

reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/qu...">reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/qu...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • margsch's Profile Photo

by margsch Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 8:06 PM

go into the website bahn.de and you can insert your date of travel and number of passengers. There will be at least 2 changes of train but no long delays in between. If your trip is still some time away you can buy tickets online at vastly reduced prices, there will be 2 columns with price, special price is an advanced booking fare. You are bound to the train/s you chose but the savings can be substantial. You print off your "ticket" at home and must present this with the credit card you used when the conductor comes around.

If your trip is quite soon then the savings are negligable and I would probably just buy a ticket over the counter.

• christine.j's Profile Photo

by christine.j Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I see you've found the forum, great.

As for your trip I still think the most comfortable way is taking the night train.

Depending on how far you book in advance, this could also be one of the cheapest ways to get to Munich.

Take a train to Utrecht and then the CNL to Munich.It leaves at 20:59 and arrives in Munich at 7:10.

1 member found this helpful

• MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

by MacedonianUK Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 5:06 AM

From Maastricht Cross into Aachen, Euroregio Bus ticket is €5 for all Day , bus #50 from Maastricht train Station will drop you Off 40 min latter at Aachen Hbhf ( trainstation) from there train to Munich. For time tables on reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/qu...">reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/qu... Cheapest i found for €34.50 with 3 changes or IC train ( nö change) for €79

1 member found this helpful

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo

by Maryimelda Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Just tried the On/Off dropdown and nothing happens.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines