Maale Travel Answers

change location

centara ras fushi

by fill1966 Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 12:24 PM

have booked to go to centara ras fushi, new resort. can someone please give me some information regarding this resort,as the only info i can find is that it is not open yet and is on an island 2miles from an island that is used to burn rubbish

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: centara ras fushi

by Odinnthor Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Hello, and welcome to VT.........d:o)

The Centara hotel chain operates very good four star hotels. You should not have a thing to worry about. As for the island that burns rubbish, - this has no bearing on anything.

The Maldives are one of the most expensive destinations in the world, and almost all of the resort properties occupy their own little atolls. The main city on the main island of Male, is the densest capital city in the world. There simply is no room for anything, including burning the trash.

I have led tours to the Maldives but we always stayed in five star properties althoughI have reviewd several four star properties, but not the Centara. I do however know the Centara chain, to be a fine four star hotel operator.

Get used to moving about on a dhoni boat. Pretty much everywhere you go will be by dhoni. Also, please understand that the Maldives are a muslim country, so anytime you are away from your hotel island you will be amongst the local culture, so dress conservatively, and be respectful. Do not ask anyone in Male where to get a drink or where the bars are, - there are none, except on the private resort islands..

Drink only bottled water, and bring lots of bugspray. Be careful in the ocean and on the beaches, as there is a lot of broken coral hidden in the sand that can cut you badly, so do not walk around barefooted. This is due to many tsunamis that have hit the region in recent years.

Hope this helps a bit.........d:o)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines