Lyubertsy Travel Answers

change location

moving to lyubersty

by lilpiccone Online Now Sep 6, 2006 at 9:26 AM

My family and I will be moving to Lyubersty for about 9 months in October. I've tried to do some research on the area but have found virtually nothing. I would appreciate any information that anyone might have on living there and what it's like. Also, we have a 7 month old child and I am wondering about the availability of baby gear once we get there. Thanks.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Pablos_new's Profile Photo

RE: moving to lyubersty

by Pablos_new Online Now Sep 7, 2006 at 7:06 AM

Nothing interesting about Lyubertsy (Люберцы). Though it will not be a problem to buy any babies gear there. It is widely available in supermarkets and drugstores.

Actually it is a 'gray' town of 240 th. w/o any interesting buildings or places to visit - just pool of concret boxes ;( That is why you can find nothing in i-net regarding it. All usefull and reference info including telephones and map etc. of course only in Russian is here: www.lyubertsy.ru

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: moving to lyubertsy

by lilpiccone Online Now Sep 7, 2006 at 5:33 PM

Thank you for your reply. I am concerned about the racism that you mentioned. I am an American but have dark skin from an Italian heritage. Do you think that I will have any problems? Also, besides the racism, is Lyubertsy a safe city? Thank you.

• Pablos_new's Profile Photo

RE: moving to lyubersty

by Pablos_new Online Now Sep 8, 2006 at 12:38 AM

I think you should not worry about your "Italian looking" skin. Today's situation is relatively calm, though you need to be carefull to not provoke anyone.
    However in some mid-eighties bands of Lyubers terrorised Moscow. It did not matter of how you look like - asian, pank or simply wear a tie - you are just not from Lyubertsy and guilty for that. Just buy checkered trousers and show pumped muscles - you will be real Lyuber even if you are black or whatever colour you like!

• blanter's Profile Photo

RE: RE: moving to lyubersty

by blanter Online Now Sep 8, 2006 at 12:41 AM

I agree with Pavel. You are not supposed to have any problems associated specifically with racism, more those associated with common street crime (not really targating foreigners specifically). Just take common precausions like not walking on poorly lighted streets after dark etc.

• GyuriFT's Profile Photo

RE: RE: moving to lyubersty

by GyuriFT Online Now Sep 8, 2006 at 10:54 PM

Actually you maybe can visit TSAGI in Zhukovskij. Go by rail to "Platforma Otdyh" (you never will find Zhukovskij per se) and take a walk. "Platforma Otdyh" is the railway station for Zhukovskij but there was a good reason it was not made public before 1990-s - you will figure it out, why.

Here is a short map, how to reach it:

sova.ru/zhukovsky/officioz/2...

The most famous thing about Zhukovskij is of course that I was born there. By the way - it was also the birthplace of most Soviat military and passenger aircraft, but that is of secondary importance. :-P

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines