change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Charming Romantic Lyon

by TravellingCA Online Now Aug 2, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Hello everyone!

We'll be spending one night in Lyon on our way to the Cote d'Azur next weekend and would like to make it a memorable one. That's why I would appreciate your suggestions for romantic spots and charming restaurants in this magnificent city.

Thanks a lot in advance for your recommendations :-)

Cheers!

TravellingCA

more
    • Bed and Breakfast Lyon

by TravellingCA Online Now Jul 26, 2014 at 2:39 AM

Hello everyone,

I will be stopping in Lyon for one night on my way to Nice in a few weeks and I was wondering if any of you has any suggestions on charming bed and breakfast places in or around Lyon. Thanks in advance for all your suggestions!

Cheers,

TravellingCA

more
    • GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

Geneva to Lyon

by GentleSpirit Online Now Aug 10, 2014 at 11:47 AM

I am arriving early morning in Geneva (740am) what is the fastest way to get to Lyon?
      I had seen a shuttle that would get me to annency and from there to Lyon on the train arriving around 1400
      any ideas?

more
    • GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

Geneva to Lyon

by GentleSpirit Online Now Aug 10, 2014 at 11:47 AM

I am arriving early morning in Geneva (740am) what is the fastest way to get to Lyon?
      I had seen a shuttle that would get me to annency and from there to Lyon on the train arriving around 1400
      any ideas?

5 Answers Aug 11, 2014 at 12:23 AM
    • Charming Romantic Lyon

by TravellingCA Online Now Aug 2, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Hello everyone!

We'll be spending one night in Lyon on our way to the Cote d'Azur next weekend and would like to make it a memorable one. That's why I would appreciate your suggestions for romantic spots and charming restaurants in this magnificent city.

Thanks a lot in advance for your recommendations :-)

Cheers!

TravellingCA

2 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 2:47 AM
    • Bed and Breakfast Lyon

by TravellingCA Online Now Jul 26, 2014 at 2:39 AM

Hello everyone,

I will be stopping in Lyon for one night on my way to Nice in a few weeks and I was wondering if any of you has any suggestions on charming bed and breakfast places in or around Lyon. Thanks in advance for all your suggestions!

Cheers,

TravellingCA

2 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 2:27 AM
    • Romantic places in Lyon

by rma2511 Online Now Jul 21, 2014 at 7:26 AM

I'm taking a road trip with my girlfriend, and am planning on proposing to her when we visit Lyon, as I was living there as a student when we first met.

Are there any particularly good places for this that anyone can recommend? My first thought was fourviere, but would happily hear more suggestions as I have not been back since 2008!

Thanks!

1 Answer Jul 21, 2014 at 8:04 AM
    • Perouge travel

by TraceyF Online Now Jul 20, 2014 at 1:21 AM

What is the best way to travel from Lyon to Perouge

1 Answer Jul 20, 2014 at 5:49 AM
    • coconutwireless's Profile Photo

Lyon Restaurants Open on Mondays

by coconutwireless Online Now Jul 12, 2014 at 7:47 PM

I am looking for a restaurant for lunch in the Notre-Dame de Fourvière area that will me open on Mondays. Somewhere that does not require a reservation.

3 Answers Jul 13, 2014 at 11:56 AM
    • Quick help for my tour to lyon

by nidhi.praveen Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 1:01 AM

In lyon I wish to just visit Parc de la tete d'or and the presquile(walk by lake and view nature). I will be coming from clermont ferrand..so just wanted to check if these two places are doable in 4 hours to 6 hours?

It would also be great if someone could tell me the route to all these places via public transport. finding someone to speak in english seems tough here don't know about there.

2 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 8:00 AM
    • Practical advice needed for lyon,france

by nidhi.praveen Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 11:14 AM

I am coming to lyon france from clermont ferrand with a baby in a stroller. I have no transport on my own and will depend on local lyon transport. Can any1 advice how should i plan my day as I have to return to clermont ferrand by evening. I don't wish to go to museums or anything related to art as I have limited international history knowledge. I just have one day so I wanted someone to help.
      thanx

1 Answer Jun 30, 2014 at 12:01 PM
    • nearest station(from clermont ferrand) to heart of city of lyon to see the river

by nidhi.praveen Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 1:42 AM

nearest station(from clermont ferrand) to heart of city of lyon to see the river

2 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 10:23 AM
    • Blahnix's Profile Photo

How long does it take from Lyon airport to train station

by Blahnix Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 6:25 AM

Hi, I know there is a shuttle type train that goes from the airport in Lyon to the various train stations, I have used it but I do not remember how long it takes to get from the airport to Lyon Part Dieu and how frequent these transfers are. Since I will be on quite a tight schedule, travelling to Clermont Ferrand, every minute is vital to complete booking my train tickets so I really need your help, please.
      Kind Regards

2 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 5:43 AM
    • how safe is lyon for girls traveling alone? any tips?

by CanadianGirl94 Online Now Feb 25, 2014 at 7:52 PM

how safe is it in lyon for a single girl planning on moving there for 6 months to study? what areas should i generally avoid? any tips for my stay there? do's and don'ts?
      thanks!

5 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 5:07 AM
    • We are trying to decide between Lyon vs Annecy

by beejay421 Online Now Jan 23, 2014 at 11:35 AM

We have two weeks to spend and are trying to decide between Lyon and Annecy. We are senior citizens and take day trips to the surrounding towns and villages by bus or train and sometimes ferries/boats. Would love the input of experts in both these areas. Thanks.

10 Answers Jul 20, 2014 at 5:36 AM
    • yooperprof's Profile Photo

resto recommendations?

by yooperprof Online Now Jan 21, 2014 at 5:19 PM

I'm heading to Lyon in early March, mais oui! Can you help me with some outstanding restaurant recommendations? I'm particularly interested in discovering a memorable lunch place, as well as anything which is relatively new and "chic". Merci beaucoup!

2 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 5:16 AM
    • City break in October

by Lutigs Online Now Jan 10, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Is Lyon a good choice if you are interested in good food, shopping and history?

13 Answers Jan 11, 2014 at 3:56 PM
    • coconutwireless's Profile Photo

Where to stay Lyon in late August

by coconutwireless Online Now Oct 19, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Aloha
      I am really confused about where to stay in Lyon for three nights
      We are coming in on the TVG from CDG
      And will leave from Lyon to Arles by train
      I would like to find a hotel close to the pedestrian area or the old town
      Budget max is $130 preferably a little lower
      I tend to use the discount booking sights
      My biggest confusion is I am not sure abut location in proximity to a 15- 20 min walk to the old town and sights of interest
      Recommendations appreciated
      Traveling with Aloha
      the coconut wireless

5 Answers Oct 19, 2013 at 10:29 AM
    • sheltiegrandma's Profile Photo

Where to stay

by sheltiegrandma Online Now Oct 14, 2013 at 7:14 AM

What is the safest neighborhood in Lyon to look for a hotel? We are planning a vacation in France next year.

2 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    • Renting an apartment convenient to language school in Lyon

by parisfile Online Now Oct 13, 2013 at 2:21 PM

My wife and I (in our 60s) will spend the month of June in Lyon attending LeoLingua language school. We want to rent a furnished apartment that will be reasonably convenient to Place Bellecour. We think we need to be in the 1st or 2nd arrondisment. Do you agree? Or is the transportation system in Lyon good enough to stay a further out? What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 8:18 PM
    • Affordable Student Studio flat close to Jean Moulin at 15 Quai Claude Bernard?

by banksidedrive Online Now Sep 25, 2013 at 9:42 PM

My daughter is a visiting law student (until December) who accepted a last-minute position at the English-speaking universite and arrived with no place to stay, not speaking French, and is now swamped with work, so I am trying to assist from back home! Does anyone have a suggestion on how to find such a place or know of a friend with such a place? Connections would be a great thing right about now... Thanks for any helpful suggestions. Have tried vrbo and homeaway but most listings come without maps and/or addresses so difficult to see if they are close. Thanks for your time and expertise.

9 Answers Oct 2, 2013 at 7:05 AM
    • Suggestions for 4-5 week stay in a village around Lyon

by wulf21 Online Now Aug 16, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Hi,

Planning to take the family (my wife, her mother, 3 kids who will be 6, 4 & 2, and myself) to France in September/October 2014.

We're hoping to stay in a village around 30km from Lyon and have the following wish list:

• Small, picturesque village with good food/wine;
      • Rural rather than tourist trap;
      • Close to a canal.

There's a few others specific to the accommodation (at least 4 bedrooms, pool etc), but they're the main ones we'd like.

Has anyone got any suggestions based on your experiences of the area?

Regarding the accommodation, hoping to hire a house (perhaps thru Wimdu or similar), any suggestions about that gratefully received also.

Thanks!!!

Marty

3 Answers Aug 17, 2013 at 4:56 AM
    • Hotels Location

by Vantrease Online Now Jul 29, 2013 at 12:27 PM

If we stay at the Mercure Chateau Perrache Hotel......will the Rhone Express stop at the Perrache Station?
      How far is the walk to the hotel?

1 Answer Jul 29, 2013 at 12:34 PM
    • lolo5's Profile Photo

Lyon Green

by lolo5 Online Now Jul 19, 2013 at 5:28 AM

I shall be in LYon in the middle of the week next week and will have some free hours during the day; I would like to be out in some green parts of Lyon, but somewhere where to get by foot; my hotel is somewhere near la Fac LYON 2. So any ideeas for some parcs, inner city forrests, green tracks? MERCI! Also how are the city bikes operating? Which are their pirces?

2 Answers Jul 19, 2013 at 6:20 AM
    • Travel around Lyon

by loisjacko34 Online Now Jun 23, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Is there a tourist bus or little train around Lyon town centre

3 Answers Jun 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM
    • TeymanP's Profile Photo

Lyon

by TeymanP Online Now Jun 21, 2013 at 7:31 PM

We are arriving Lyon on Aug 1, 2013 and leaving following day. Could you please name a good hotel close to Market or Old town Lyon?

3 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 2:58 AM
    • Tgv platforms

by Amywanderer Online Now Jun 8, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I have a 10minute connection in lyon part dieu station. I'm coming from gare de lyon in Paris on tgv and 10min to connect to another tgv heading to avignon tgv station.
      Is that enough time? Are the platforms next to one another?

6 Answers Jun 9, 2013 at 3:28 AM
    • Things to do in the vicinity of Quai Claude Bernard

by Firki Online Now Apr 13, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Are there any interesting places to visit or things to do within walking distance (say 1-1.5 KM) of Quai Claude Bernard where my ship will be docked during the day?

13 Answers Apr 27, 2013 at 9:30 AM
    • Tired travellers needing help.

by scilzz Online Now Feb 10, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Hello Lyon Forum,
      We're looking for a restaurant that is opened on Sunday night, which serves French food. It does NOT have to be a Michelin star restaurant.
      Thank you for your help.

1 Answer Feb 11, 2013 at 4:53 AM
    • Tired travellers needing help.

by scilzz Online Now Feb 10, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Hello Lyon Forum,
      We're looking for a restaurant that is opened on Sunday night, which serves French food. It does NOT have to be a Michelin star restaurant.

3 Answers Feb 11, 2013 at 2:33 PM
    • Wailana's Profile Photo

Route and Time to Lyon Perrache to catch the TGV

by Wailana Online Now Dec 27, 2012 at 5:31 PM

I am staying very close to the Debourg stop for the metro system and need to get to the Lyon Perrache departure station to catch the TGV. I was hoping anyone could tell me the easiest way to get there and approximately how long it takes. Also do I need to get to the station early for check in like you do at the airport. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated too. Thanks!

3 Answers Dec 28, 2012 at 12:16 PM
    • EasyMalc's Profile Photo

New Years Eve

by EasyMalc Online Now Dec 24, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Where is the best place in Lyon to see the New Year in?
      Searching the most obvious websites doesn't seem to throw up much.
      I thought that there would be an obvious focal point. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

8 Answers Dec 26, 2012 at 10:10 AM
    • Mark_Lester's Profile Photo

Most Outrageous Cheese in France

by Mark_Lester Online Now Nov 30, 2012 at 10:29 AM

We are doing a rather epic train trip round europe. We'll be doing a lot of pincincing onboard, and so a lot of the remaining planning is al about working out what to put in the picnic hamper at each of our rapid stops.
      Alas, super stinky cheese isnt something that goes down very well on posh TGVs, or any train really, so we'd have to eat anything like that almost at point of purchase. Any suggestions for cheese strong enough to scare off a tribe of Stilton eating englishmen would be most appreciated.
      Les Halles is purpose built for our requiremtns, We have 3 1/2 hours in Lyon (11:30 to 15:00) and it's walking distance from Part Dieu.
      If you are a Lyonnaise, either in spirit or literally, and have any recommendations for what to stick in a picnic hamper, or a particular shop in Les Halles you adore, please let me know and I'll jot it down on our blogs food pages. There will be 13 of us, so we can handle about 2.5 Kgs of cheeses, and about 2kg of meats, several of these terrines, (including one veggie) plus loads of breads and some deserts, and some fruit etc. We'll also need quite a bit of Rhone wine....
      We'll be going to Limoges when we leave, in order to pick up the sleeper to Barcelona.
      We've got a budget of £30 a picnic per person, so pushing 500 euros not including drinks, and Lyon is worth pushing the boat out for so we could extend the budget for this stop.

26 Answers Dec 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM