Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Supermarkets

Saint-Émilion Yesterday

Does anyone know of any major supermarkets in the St Emilion area? Location?

• Some basic info regarding Colmar travel

Colmar Oct 1, 2015 at 8:37 AM

Hi All,

Hope you are having a great time ☺️☺️

I was thinking of visiting Colmar in France. I would like to gather some basic info like the best time to visit there and some good guesthouses to stay.

Appreciate your help in advance ☺️☺️

• What is best time to visit Cap d'Agde.

Le Cap d'Agde Sep 27, 2015 at 6:03 PM

I am planning to visit Cap d Adge beaches between 10-oct-15 to 15-oct-15. So, my question is about,
      is this suitable timing to visit Cap d Adge and enjoy nude beaches.
      what to we can wear minimum cloth inside naturist village as well as on outside nude beaches.
      can i go to night clubs as single male
      Please answers that will really helpful for me.

• Airport transportation

Marseille Sep 12, 2015 at 1:30 PM

What are the options of getting from the airport to a Vieux Port area hotel?

• Ski resorts near Prades

Prades Oct 3, 2015 at 6:29 AM

Hi, does anyone know how far to the ski resorts from Prades? Thanks, Dermot

• 30 Hours Stop-over - What to do?

Paris Sep 27, 2015 at 7:07 AM

I will have a 30 hour stop-over in Paris in my way to Africa. Will be staying at an airport hotel. ANy recomendations on how to spend that time?

• lancer52's Profile Photo

Eiffel tower

Paris Sep 21, 2015 at 5:30 AM

What is the fastest way to get from glare du nord to the Eiffel Tower? I arrive T the station at 11 35am and have a booking to go up 12 35pm.

• Ideas for activities

Nice Sep 29, 2015 at 10:29 AM

I am travelling to Nice on the 15th October for 5 nights and am looking for ideas to fill my day while I am there. I am stating in the Port of Nice and travelling alone so just looking for any hint and tips you may have.

• MightyMo41's Profile Photo

Best euro train

Paris Sep 25, 2015 at 2:01 AM

Hi VT members

I would like to know the most comfortable, clean train I can use to go from Paris to Amsterdam.

• GyuriFT's Profile Photo

Local "Gewürztraminer" more acidy and more expensive than in Rh-Pfalz?

Alsace Sep 24, 2015 at 10:57 PM

Tried several. In France all were bought at LeClerc + Auchan + Norma + Aldi.
      In Germany from a local farm.

Not sure why, but my Alsatian wine experiments weren't as successful as "farm experiments" in Germany.
      Maybe because I should compare apples with apples and not with (sour) grape?

I.e. buy the wine from a farm?

Had a similar experiment few month ago in Hungary (Auchan Hungary wine versus farmer).
      It was a day and night difference.

• ilanarita's Profile Photo

Taxi from airport

Paris Oct 5, 2015 at 11:30 AM

Will arrive at CDG airport and travel into central paris. Is it best to pre book and pay or join the line at a taxi rank. Any suggestions for a reliable service?

• Best hotel

Paris Oct 4, 2015 at 10:47 AM

Hi everyone can you recommend us the good hotel to stay. We are 4 people and and staying for 4 days in Paris. We are planning to go in Disney land on the second day. Please Help us to find hotel near train station so its easy for us to go and visit beautiful places in Paris.

Big thanks!

• jurkka's Profile Photo

I am thinking 1st time visit to Paris, Bagneux area

Paris Sep 24, 2015 at 4:15 AM

What interesting (historical, restaurants, whatever?) is close by this area (near bagneux cemetary). Around end of March-April. Merci beaucoup!

• charlesracine's Profile Photo

From CDG to Saint-Michel Notre-Dame taking the Taxi or the RER train & questions.

Paris Sep 16, 2015 at 10:42 AM

There will be 4 of us arriving at CDG airport and traveling to a hotel near the Metro, Saint-Michel. Using a taxi as compared to the RER train, what would you recommend? Comparing convenience, cost, time and anything else? Also, when I look at a map it seems that the Saint-Michel Notre-Dame RER station is a different than the Metro Saint-Michel which is walking distance from our hotel. According to the map the RER station is a bit longer walk or are the really the same underground? We would be arriving mid day. Thank you.

• Visiting france first time

France Oct 2, 2015 at 2:43 PM

Hi ...I'm planning to visit France for the first time from Dubai from 21st november to 27th november but i have no idea which place and hotel to stay. i also want to know which places should i visit during my vaccation? Should i travel to any other near by country or should i explore France only? looking for something economical.
      Any other information will be highly appreciated (i'm travelling with my 3yr old son and hubby).
      Thanks in advance.

• Mermaid2013's Profile Photo

Car rental

Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Sep 26, 2015 at 5:01 PM

when renting a car do most people choose to include the CDW Collision Damage Waiver and Theft Protection that is offered? I haven't checked with my local insurance company yet to see if they cover anything while abroad but just started looking at cars tonight and was wondering.

• jojes's Profile Photo

transfer time needed

Paris Sep 28, 2015 at 3:12 PM

Hi all

We're looking into flying to South Africa.
      We have found a very favorable price flying from Düsseldorf to Paris CDG.
      The transfer time is 1h35 minutes.
      Do you think this will be enough to go through the necessary checks and still be on time for our connection to Johannesburg?
      Since the tickets has departure Dssd and destination Jnb and this transfer time is what KLM calculates, I guess this should be enough?
      Never been to CDG yet, so I don't have a clue how chaotic or organised things are around there ...

Thanks for your input!

• Staying in 2nd arrondissement

Paris Sep 9, 2015 at 9:51 AM

I was hoping someone could be me some advice. I was looking to stay in the Marais area, but have ended up booking a place in the 2nd arrondissement.

Can anyone tell me about this area? The information online is limited, I am staying in an apartment on rue Montmartre, but now not sure if this area is ok?

• Upper Normany

France Sep 22, 2015 at 6:57 AM

Where would be best to stay for exploring Upper Normandy? Must I rent a car or it's possible to make it by public transportation?

• Train Transfer time at Gare de Pau - france

France Sep 17, 2015 at 11:09 AM

Hello I am on the Train Express Regional 67015 arriving at 13:48 and need to change to
      Train Express Regional 67277 departing at 13:54 . This is a 6 mins transfer time

I would like to know which platform does the Train Express Regional 67015 arrive on and on which platform
      Train Express Regional 67277 departs from so that i can estimate walking or running

• giampiero6's Profile Photo

Which Town is best as a base. Avignon? Arles? Aix? St. Remy?

Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur 16 hours ago

Hello Friends,

Hope you're all well! We are taking a short impromptu trip to Provence and would love some advice.

We will be making a loop from Torino through the Tunnel of Frejus to the area somewhere around Avignon where we will stay 3ish nights to explore the area.

Would you give me some advice on which town would be the best to use as a base? We will have car so that we can explore during the day, but we'd like a town that is interesting in its own right with restaurants, shops and sites.

Would you give us some advice on the best town to use as a base?

Thank you and hope to see you around

• Any other tidbits on places not to miss would be greatly appreciated too.

• Most convenient hotel

Nice Sep 30, 2015 at 10:29 AM

visiting end of december! wanted to know which hotels are the most convenient and close to everything! thanks!

• Shorth stay visa extention from 60 days to 90 days

France Sep 30, 2015 at 6:06 AM

I sent my daughter to France to stay for two months with my sister in law family. Since she applied for two month visa in our country, they gave only two month visa. Now, she wants to stay one more month in France and for the total period of one month. Please let me know, whether she can extent her short stay visa from 60 days to 90 days. If possible, where can she extent. what are the documents are required

• Paris Visite vs. 10 t+ Ticket Carnet

Paris Oct 4, 2015 at 11:18 PM

I will be visiting Paris next year for 3 days and will be staying at Nanterre (near the RER station Nanterre Prefecture-Zone 3). I will be making around 10-12 trips during my stay in and around centre of Paris and will also be going to Disneyland and Bateaux Parisiens river cruise (4 Euro discount with Paris Visite card). Please let me know if the Paris Visite card for 3 days, Zone 1-3 (for 26 Euros per person), will be cost effective or not. Or should I go for carnet of 10 t+ tickets for 14 Euros.? I will have to commute through RER A for most trips to Paris centre, & I believe the t+ tickets are valid only for RER on Zone 1 and not on Zone 3.

Awaiting reply on priority.

• MardinaN's Profile Photo

Trip to Paris December

Paris Oct 3, 2015 at 5:51 AM

Planning to visit Paris for the 1st time as from 2nd week of December..any advice for the type of clothes and weather?
      Thank you

• arrive in lyon part

by Cohenking99 Online Now Jun 27, 2015 at 6:22 PM

arrive in lyon part dieu with the tgv and than take a train to chambery challes I have only 10 minutes to change were do I have to go in the station never was there do I have enough time to change?

5 Answers Jun 28, 2015 at 4:21 AM
    • sheanbedi's Profile Photo

Long term rental in Lyon 69002

by sheanbedi Online Now Jun 25, 2015 at 8:48 PM

Hi, I am looking for a long term rental apartment for 1 year or more in Lyon. Prefer district 69002 near Bellacour area.
      60 to 100 sqm with a budget of Euro 900.
      Any recommendations ?

3 Answers Jun 26, 2015 at 12:50 AM
    • Good restaurants in Lyon

by VitaLubis Online Now May 18, 2015 at 10:43 PM

I will go to Lyon next month.
      I know that Lyon has so many good restaurants.
      Could anybody inform me some good restaurants in Lyon ?

Thank you

2 Answers May 19, 2015 at 12:09 PM
    • Buy Antiques in Lyon

by VitaLubis Online Now May 18, 2015 at 10:41 PM

I will go to Lyon next month.
      I am interested in buying antiques
      Could anybody inform me where I could find good quality antiques in Lyon ?

Thank you

5 Answers May 20, 2015 at 9:06 AM
    • chrisdScotland's Profile Photo

Lyon City Bus Routes Map

by chrisdScotland Online Now May 14, 2015 at 2:44 PM

I am trying to use website to find out if there any buses I can use, along with the T1 tram line, to get from Gare Part-Dieu to area around Hospital Center Saint-Joseph Et Saint-Luc, 20 Quai Claude Bernard. I've clicked on 'Getting around' and can see the drop down list of routes but I find them not very user friendly. Can anyone help?

6 Answers May 15, 2015 at 7:55 AM
    • How does one get from Lyon St Exupéry TGV station into the city ??

by dewijones Online Now May 4, 2015 at 4:23 AM

How does one get from Lyon St Exupéry TGV station into the city ??
      I will be arriving at 1945 on a Friday night with Ouigo

5 Answers May 5, 2015 at 4:19 AM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Birthhouse info

by agathi Online Now May 1, 2015 at 8:18 AM

Hallo my friends. Actually I speak no French at all and this might be a problem in my case, that's why I need your advice. We will be in Paris for some days and I was thinking of Lyon as a day trip. Lyon has been in my heart as the city of the novels I have read as a young girl and thus it is some kind of a "need" to see her. Of course, Lyon of the 19th century must be a past now, but nevertheless it is Lyon after all.
      Sorry for the introduction. My main reason for asking your help is that Greek woman was born in Lyon in 1933 and her mother was burried in Lyon before she and her father returned to Greece. So, do you know if I have any chance of finding out the address of their house or the cemetary her mother was burried. Whom shall I contact in Lyon's town hall? Any advice?

4 Answers May 1, 2015 at 11:59 AM
    • Lyon - Two train stations

by dewijones Online Now Feb 24, 2015 at 11:30 PM

There are two train stations in Lyon. I believe that one is in the city and one is some way out. Which is which ??
      What are the transport links like for the one that is out of the city ?
      Especially early in the morning and late at night.

6 Answers Feb 26, 2015 at 1:42 AM
    • jstravelvalet's Profile Photo

Car service

by jstravelvalet Online Now Feb 21, 2015 at 3:54 PM

Best choice/price for a car service from Lyon to Epernay for 8 people. Any suggestions appreciated.

8 Answers Feb 22, 2015 at 11:53 AM
    • pulgaron's Profile Photo

What's a good neighborhood to stay in? Plenty of walkabout places

by pulgaron Online Now Feb 11, 2015 at 1:49 PM

Just wondering about a good hotel in a pedestrian friendly area. What's your favorite area in Lyon to stay in?

5 Answers Feb 16, 2015 at 8:02 AM
    • May Day Holiday

by wendyliz5 Online Now Jan 14, 2015 at 2:35 AM

My very first question! We will be in Lyon on 1st May this year which is an official public holiday. What is likely to be closed and will public transport be operating? Thanks.

15 Answers Jan 16, 2015 at 2:00 AM
    • yavili's Profile Photo

Lyon airport - city transportation

by yavili Online Now Nov 5, 2014 at 5:45 AM

Salut! Is there a cheaper way to get to the city other than Rhonexpress? 14.5 Euros for a 20 minute ride is quite expensive!

5 Answers Nov 6, 2014 at 1:11 AM
    • Gare de lyon - Perrache bus stop to le Radiant

by a.winfred Online Now Oct 22, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Hello! I'm just wondering how one would get from the Gare de lyon - Perrache bus stop to le Radiant (1 Rue Jean Moulin, 69300 Caluire-et-Cuire, France) I've been using previous questions and Google directions for help but no luck this time. Any help? Thanks

3 Answers Oct 25, 2014 at 1:52 AM
    • Wings2Fly's Profile Photo

Need a Hotel?

by Wings2Fly Online Now Oct 5, 2014 at 4:43 AM

Will be stopping one night in Lyon and will have the next day to see the city. In order to maximise our time there, we want a hotel near a tram stop or metro stop. I have difficulty in walking very far. I have been unable to locate a suitable one using regular resources. Can someone help?

5 Answers Oct 10, 2014 at 5:57 AM
    • ThiagoRamos's Profile Photo

From Lyon to Paris

by ThiagoRamos Online Now Sep 19, 2014 at 6:09 AM

Hello, my friends!

I´ll be travelling around France with a rented car and need to go from Lyon to Paris. I was thinking of returning the car in Lyon and taking a flight or a train to Paris? Travelling by car and returning it in Paris is another option. What do you think?

How long is the trip from Lyon to Paris by car, by plane and by TGV?

How much does it cost each of these options?

Thanks in advance!

13 Answers Sep 21, 2014 at 4:38 AM
    • TraceyF's Profile Photo

Vegetarian Restautants

by TraceyF Online Now Aug 31, 2014 at 1:59 AM

I am looking for recommendations for good vegetarian restaurants around central Lyon. Plus vegetarian friendly restaurants as my friend eats meat. Happy to go slightly above average for a special meal.

Thank you

3 Answers Sep 2, 2014 at 6:46 AM

Travel from airport

by TraceyF Online Now Aug 31, 2014 at 1:54 AM

What is the easist way to travel from the airport to Lyon - I am staying at Mercure 73-75 Rue du Président Edouard Herriot
      2. La Presqu'îlle

Thank you

2 Answers Aug 31, 2014 at 3:54 AM
    • what attire to wear

by tracyabridges Online Now Aug 27, 2014 at 3:15 AM

I am travelling to lyon for a friends 50th and will be eating at the Le Garet on the friday night and the L'Auberge De I'lle Barbe on the saturday any advise to the attire to be worn for men and women

6 Answers Aug 28, 2014 at 4:52 AM
    • GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

Geneva to Lyon

by GentleSpirit Online Now Aug 10, 2014 at 11:47 AM

I am arriving early morning in Geneva (740am) what is the fastest way to get to Lyon?
      I had seen a shuttle that would get me to annency and from there to Lyon on the train arriving around 1400
      any ideas?

5 Answers Aug 11, 2014 at 12:23 AM
    • Charming Romantic Lyon

by TravellingCA Online Now Aug 2, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Hello everyone!

We'll be spending one night in Lyon on our way to the Cote d'Azur next weekend and would like to make it a memorable one. That's why I would appreciate your suggestions for romantic spots and charming restaurants in this magnificent city.

Thanks a lot in advance for your recommendations :-)

2 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 2:47 AM
    • Bed and Breakfast Lyon

by TravellingCA Online Now Jul 26, 2014 at 2:39 AM

Hello everyone,

I will be stopping in Lyon for one night on my way to Nice in a few weeks and I was wondering if any of you has any suggestions on charming bed and breakfast places in or around Lyon. Thanks in advance for all your suggestions!

2 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 2:27 AM
    • Romantic places in Lyon

by rma2511 Online Now Jul 21, 2014 at 7:26 AM

I'm taking a road trip with my girlfriend, and am planning on proposing to her when we visit Lyon, as I was living there as a student when we first met.

Are there any particularly good places for this that anyone can recommend? My first thought was fourviere, but would happily hear more suggestions as I have not been back since 2008!

1 Answer Jul 21, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Perouge travel

by TraceyF Online Now Jul 20, 2014 at 1:21 AM

What is the best way to travel from Lyon to Perouge

2 Answers Oct 12, 2014 at 12:07 PM
    • coconutwireless's Profile Photo

Lyon Restaurants Open on Mondays

by coconutwireless Online Now Jul 12, 2014 at 7:47 PM

I am looking for a restaurant for lunch in the Notre-Dame de Fourvière area that will me open on Mondays. Somewhere that does not require a reservation.

3 Answers Jul 13, 2014 at 11:56 AM
    • Quick help for my tour to lyon

by nidhi.praveen Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 1:01 AM

In lyon I wish to just visit Parc de la tete d'or and the presquile(walk by lake and view nature). I will be coming from clermont just wanted to check if these two places are doable in 4 hours to 6 hours?

It would also be great if someone could tell me the route to all these places via public transport. finding someone to speak in english seems tough here don't know about there.

3 Answers Oct 12, 2014 at 12:12 PM
    • Practical advice needed for lyon,france

by nidhi.praveen Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 11:14 AM

I am coming to lyon france from clermont ferrand with a baby in a stroller. I have no transport on my own and will depend on local lyon transport. Can any1 advice how should i plan my day as I have to return to clermont ferrand by evening. I don't wish to go to museums or anything related to art as I have limited international history knowledge. I just have one day so I wanted someone to help.

1 Answer Jun 30, 2014 at 12:01 PM
    • nearest station(from clermont ferrand) to heart of city of lyon to see the river

by nidhi.praveen Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 1:42 AM

nearest station(from clermont ferrand) to heart of city of lyon to see the river

2 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 10:23 AM
    • Blahnix's Profile Photo

How long does it take from Lyon airport to train station

by Blahnix Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 6:25 AM

Hi, I know there is a shuttle type train that goes from the airport in Lyon to the various train stations, I have used it but I do not remember how long it takes to get from the airport to Lyon Part Dieu and how frequent these transfers are. Since I will be on quite a tight schedule, travelling to Clermont Ferrand, every minute is vital to complete booking my train tickets so I really need your help, please.
      Kind Regards

2 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 5:43 AM
    • how safe is lyon for girls traveling alone? any tips?

by CanadianGirl94 Online Now Feb 25, 2014 at 7:52 PM

how safe is it in lyon for a single girl planning on moving there for 6 months to study? what areas should i generally avoid? any tips for my stay there? do's and don'ts?

6 Answers Oct 12, 2014 at 12:18 PM
    • We are trying to decide between Lyon vs Annecy

by beejay421 Online Now Jan 23, 2014 at 11:35 AM

We have two weeks to spend and are trying to decide between Lyon and Annecy. We are senior citizens and take day trips to the surrounding towns and villages by bus or train and sometimes ferries/boats. Would love the input of experts in both these areas. Thanks.

10 Answers Jul 20, 2014 at 5:36 AM