Lyon Travel Answers

change location

Satobus Stops

by froudy Online Now Nov 3, 2007 at 4:58 AM

Hello

I was wondering if anyone can help me - I am going to Lyon next Saturday and am planning on taking the Satobus from the Airport to the city centre. Firstly, is this a good idea as opposed to a taxi?

I am staying at the Grand Hotel Boscolo on Rue Grolee so if I do take the Satobus, where should I get off and how far is it to then get to my hotel? I don;t want to have to carry my luggage for too long as am going with my girlfriend and she is likely to pack everything!

Thanks in advance!

Sam

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • plancarpin's Profile Photo

Re: Satobus Stops

by plancarpin Online Now Jul 12, 2008 at 3:23 PM

this answer comes very late but can help travellers to come....
    if you want to join downtown (what we call "presqu'ile", meaning between saone and rhone rivers, you have to stop at Grange Blanche (second stop from airport), and from there, the D metro line is just at the doorstep; after 6 stops, straight (less than 10 minutes ride), you will be on place Bellecour, in the very center of the city. Boscolo Grand hotel is another 10 minutes walk, on Rue de la Republique, then make a right on rue Grolée.
    satobus ticket is actually 8.60 EUR (+ metro tix at 1.50EUR)
    taxi to downtown will be between 30 and 45 euros depending on time of the day and location.
    Enjoy your stay!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines