Lyon Travel Answers

change location

youth hostel in lyon

by scns Online Now Oct 3, 2007 at 9:37 PM

Hi, I read about your comments on the youth hostel in Lyon, neatly located on the hill. I am planning to visit Lyon in November, and I thought of booking this hostel. I have stayed in a few youth hostels in Europe like Paris, Amsterdam and UK. My concern is very much on safety. I am fine with rowdy environment like drinking & socializing as long as the bedroom is quiet (well depending on the roomates but generally all travelers are very considerate).
Is YFH @ Lyon recommended?

Looking forward to your reply: )
sc (singapore)

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • plancarpin's Profile Photo

Re: youth hostel in lyon

by plancarpin Online Now Aug 7, 2008 at 1:24 PM

I reply very late to this post... but I do not want to see it as "unanswered"
    YFH Lyon is safe; environment is OK, location is great, overlooking the city; the best guaranty to its safety is the fact that the closest hotel to this youth hostel is the Villa Florentine a deluxe hotel, one of top 3 in town!
    the only bachdraw is that you have to climb steep to reach the hostel; no metro nor bus is desserving this spot! or if lazy, take the cable car from Vieux Lyon station direction Fourviere, and get off at first stop (and then walk downwards to the YH, it will be less tiring! ;-)
    a branch of the city tourism office is located next door to metro entrance at Vieux Lyon
    enjoy your stay!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines