Luxor Travel Answers

change location
lclaudio's Profile Photo

west bank...order of preference

by lclaudio Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 3:23 PM

hi again.....on my trip, i`ll be one full day with car and guide with me in west bank...so, in order to do best there, could please give an idea, how to get the best on this day? if you give me some kind of schedulle for this day i`d apreciatte too much

and if, you could put in order of preference the spost that i shoud not missed, please let me know.....

HATSHEPSUT. TOMB OF NOBLES, VALLEY OF KINGS, QUEENS, DEIR AL MEDINA, MEDINET HABU, RAMESSEUM, MERNEPTAH, SETI-I(TEMPLES)

thanks in advance once again

luiz

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • annemariebyrne's Profile Photo

Re: west bank...order of preference

by annemariebyrne Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I don't think you'll be able to do all these sights in one day, at least not if you want to do them justice. I spent several days in Luxor many years ago and I don't recall the order of visiting the sites but I know we did some on our own by bicycle and some with a group-taxi. Surely your guide/driver will know the best options in terms of itinerary based on time/distance/cost?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lclaudio's Profile Photo

by lclaudio Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Dear anne, look, i dont have inttention of doing ALL the sposts in one day, i just would like to know opinions about order of preference, exactly to do the BEST in a full day.....this sense,,,may be you can help me

regards

• sachara's Profile Photo

by sachara Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 1:25 AM

I visited the westbank several times by bicycle or organised tour. Last time I was at the Westbank last september, my Luxor page needs some updates. With car I suggest start early in the north at the Valley of the Kings and finish south at Medinet Habou. Don't spend time in shops if your guide propose you and you are able to see a lot of your wishlist as Hatshepsut, tombs of Nobles and so on. My favourite at the westbank is the tomb of Nefertari in the Valley of the Queens, but it is better not to include this special visit in a 'fully booked' dayprogram.

1 member found this helpful

• vdoortje's Profile Photo

by vdoortje Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 11:35 AM

The tomb of Nefertari?????

My first visit to the Valley of Kings was 11 years ago. During that time the tomb of Nefertari was open for an extra fee of 100 LE. We were on a package trip that didn't include the valley of Queens and my interest for Egypt was a consequense of this trip. I still regret this missed opportunity.

We went back to Egypt the next year and the tomb of Nefertari was closed. And as far as I know the tomb is still closed. Consequence of tourists that didn't listen to the order not to make pictures!

After the revolution in Egypt things might have changed. I do hope the new governement of Egypt will take care of the treasures that Egypt bares.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines