Luxembourg Travel Answers

change location

Visit to Luxembourg

by ASG Online Now Mar 20, 2007 at 4:22 PM

My wife and I (couple in the 50's) are going to visit Luxembourg city as part of our three countries (BENELUX) trip. We will be spending two nights in the city. This is our first trip to this countries. We have travel to other places in Europe before. Any hotel recomendations, places to go, where to shop, what to do in only those days, etc? We will arrive on May 25 and leave back to Amsterdam on the 27 (weekend). We like music, history, etc. How long is the trip from Brussels? Is train good or drive?

Thanks to all in advance

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

RE: Visit to Luxembourg

by qaminari Online Now Mar 21, 2007 at 9:01 AM

I suggest you put Luxembourg into the search box at the top of this page and call up the summary page for that destination, then you can see what VT users have already recommended as regards things to do in the city/country!
    The train from Brussels takes 2 1/2 hours and I would certainly recommend it over driving unless of course you want to stop off on the way, e.g. to visit WWII sites around Bastogne.
    Trains to Luxembourg from Brussels stop at 5 stations on the way out: Bruxelles-Midi, Bruxelles-Central, Bruxelles-Nord, Bruxelles-Schuman and Bruxelles-Luxembourg, so you have plenty of choice as to where to get on. For timetables you can look on http://www.b-rail.be/int/E/.
    If you were intending to return to Amsterdam by train from Luxembourg, you have to change at Bruxelles-Nord and the journey from here to Amsterdam-Centraal takes just under 3 hours - a bit less to Schiphol airport, which is on the same railway line.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines