Luton Travel Answers

change location
Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

Taxi from Luton Airport to Stony Stratford Milton Keynes

by Paisleypaul Online Now Feb 3, 2010 at 1:50 PM

M'luds & ladies

Myself and a colleague are flying to Luton Airport late on a Sunday late March- I understand a taxi to Stony Stratford in Milton Keynes is about £60+. We may be in time for a late bus to MK but that alone is £33 between us and still to get a cab to Stony Stratford.

Any suggestions, such as a non airport based hire cab company that may be less or are we stuck with £60 (and is that figure correct?)

thanks

Paul

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • johngayton's Profile Photo

Re: Taxi from Luton Airport to Stony Stratford Milton Keynes

by johngayton Online Now Feb 3, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Late on a Sunday night? - I can't see you getting anything much cheaper. What you could do is phone a local Luton taxi firm and ask for an arranged pick-up for a fixed price - try Alpha on 01582 59 55 55 or AA on 01582 51 55 15. Both offer normal cabs and 6-seaters and will do a "meet and greet" service for no extra cost (you give them your name and flight details and the driver will pick you up from Arrivals).

You might get a £50 fare but that will be absolute bottom line and late on a Sunday...either that or hitchhike (not recommended) LOL

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Taxi from Luton Airport to Stony Stratford Milton Keynes

by leics Online Now Feb 3, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Agree that it sounds about right in terms of fare, but it's worth ringing around for quotes (although the Luton firms will all be working to local council rates so will be pretty much the same)

Try a Stony Stratford firm too; I'm not sure if they come under the same council in terms of rate-setting. There's at least one which offers airport transfer as a norm. Contact numbers here:

stony-stratford.co.uk/taxi.h...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Luton