Luton Travel Answers

change location

Stansted -> Luton -> Northampton

by mtandon Online Now Nov 10, 2008 at 12:37 PM

Hello,

I would like to know how to get from Stansted to Luton airports. Also, how to get to Northampton from Luton Airport.

I will be travelling between airports at about 8am. Also, if you could quote the costs, it would be really helpful!

Thanks!
Cheers,
Mansi

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Stansted -> Luton -> Northampton

by leics Online Now Nov 10, 2008 at 12:53 PM

Bus is the only direct way between airports.

londontoolkit.com/travel/lut...

11.10GBP one-way

I hope you have allowed plenty of time for your transfer, as you are travelling in the morning rush-hour and traffic can be very heavy on the Mll and M1.

You could get a train from Luton to Northampton. First you'll have to get the airport shuttle bus to Luton Airport Parkway station. www.nationalrail.co.uk will give you times and fares. Journey takes around 2 hours, with 2 changes (you will have to go into London and out again, stupid as it seems). One-way fare from 17.80 (but may be considerably more, depending on timings; it's a commuter route).

Alternatively (and a fare better option, imo) you could take a coach (long-distance bus). Takes around 1 hour 10 mins, one-way fares 13.90GBP. You would be sensible to book your ticket online in advance at www.nationalexpress.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Stansted -> Luton -> Northampton

by mtandon Online Now Nov 10, 2008 at 1:26 PM

Thanks for the help. National Express looks the most convenient. :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Luton