Luton Travel Answers

change location
S2000Lee's Profile Photo

eating out in luton

by S2000Lee Online Now Feb 27, 2005 at 4:46 AM

Any ideas for eating out in luton? We visit our daughter occasionally while she is at uni there, and usually travel to a nearby village for lunch but would like to find somewehere with reasonable food in luton itself. daughter has no idea as being a student her budget doesnt stretch to meals out!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • chrishc's Profile Photo

RE: eating out in luton

by chrishc Online Now Mar 9, 2005 at 4:16 PM

You are best off going to a village. The Star and Garter at Silsoe is usually good.

Years ago the Moat House in Luton would normally do a good meal.

Luton used to be somewhere you didn't go to for food unless you wanted a decent curry.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ballerina's Profile Photo

by ballerina Online Now Mar 29, 2005 at 5:37 AM

I can recommend the following restaurants:

An oriential restaurant called AROMA located in the Galazy complex oposite the Luton town centre library. It is an element of self service and you take your meat fish and vegables to the cook who cooks it for you at once! £15 a head maybe?

An Chinese restaurant called MR CHANS located near George Street near HSBC in the Town Centre. Does an all inclusive food and drink at weekend £25

The italian PIZZA EXPRESS is opposite the St Marys church in the town centre is lovely food and central location.

The Peking restaurant called the SUN DO is by the traffic lights by the railway station, opposite the Irish Hotel.

Other out of Town restaurants that are worth a trip:

INDIAN OCEAN in Sundon Park on Sundon Road.
    THE RAVEN in Hexton
    GREEN MAN in Ofley

• Somethinglikesarah's Profile Photo

by Somethinglikesarah Online Now Jun 5, 2005 at 11:41 AM

hi! i like Nando's in the galaxy centre (right in the town centre by the library) its cheap and cheery!! god i missed nandos while ive been out of luton at uni :( lol. Dragon City in dunstable (bout 10 mins from luton) is a nice chinese resteraunt.

• RE: RE: eating out in luton

by romrai Online Now Aug 6, 2005 at 2:32 AM

Go to the Moat House Carvery. 3.50 for a lunch buffet with gammon, turkey, beef, stuffing, yorkies, gravy, ast pots. and veggies. Its wonderful

• happycats's Profile Photo

Re: eating out in luton

by happycats Online Now Jul 19, 2008 at 12:41 PM

this is a very good thai restaurant:

http://www.jitlada.co.uk/

bit of a suprise for the town centre but i have eaten there many times and always find it to be very good.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Luton