Luton Travel Answers

change location

Toddington Services M1

by o_baj Online Now Dec 22, 2004 at 12:08 PM

Hi! Does anyone know where is it in Luton? Is it far away from the airport? How can I get from the place to the airport? O.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo

Re: Toddington Services M1

by Geoff_Wright Online Now Dec 22, 2004 at 12:31 PM

Hello, toddington is near junction 12 on the M1, about 10 miles from the airport.. The Services look to be rather isolated, and you would probably have to arrange for a taxi. Toddington is North of Luton, and the airport is East of Luton. Other VT members may have a better idea. Regards

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • firemanphil's Profile Photo

Re: Toddington Services M1

by firemanphil Online Now Dec 22, 2004 at 12:46 PM

Toddington Services is about 5 miles (8km) north of Luton town centre on the M1 motorway. Luton airport is about 3 or 4 miles east of the town centre, mking the services about 8 or 9 miles from the airport. It may be difficult to get from the services to the airport because usually motorway services are sited away from and somewhat isolated from local public transport routes. Apart fom hitch hiking for a lift from the services to Luton centre, probably the only other option would be to telephone for a taxi to take you either to the airport, (which might be expensive), or to take you to Toddington village which is about 1 mile away to the west, and from there take a local bus. Why are you going to Toddington services anyhow? None of these places are easy to find unless you have your own transport, but good luck.

• chrishc's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Toddington Services M1

by chrishc Online Now Dec 22, 2004 at 1:39 PM

I used to live about 5 miles away. There are no public roads to the services, the nearest taxi I could find is on 01525 713009 and you could take it to Harlington station which is on the Thameslink line which goes to Luton airport parkway in about 15 minutes. You can get a courtesy bus to the airport.

• Re: Re: Toddington Services M1

by o_baj Online Now Dec 24, 2004 at 2:46 AM

My international bus stops there. I don't know why they chose the place. Anyway I thought it would be better to get off there than coming to Luton from Victoria... O.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Luton